Thread: Once Upon a Southern Knight

Default Once Upon a Southern Knight

Recently, my wife's third book was published and I needed to make a Book Trailer for it. Since the book is the last in a three-part trilogy, I needed to reference the previous two books as a lead-in to promoting the third one. I used video excerpts from the first two trailers and blended them in. In this trailer, edited with Sony Vegas Pro 12, I use the bump map effect to add a surrealistic effect to the elements in the story. The music is from the SonicFire royalty-free library service.

Great trailer

The town seems cursed though, it might be a good idea to move somewhere else before it's too late

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Great trailer

The town seems cursed though, it might be a good idea to move somewhere else before it's too late
    I think in the second book of the trilogy, the wife went through her "Irwin Allen" plot phase. But she got over it.

I think you did a bit too much with the "drawing" effect. Overall not bad though.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I think you did a bit too much with the "drawing" effect. Overall not bad though.
    Noted. Thanks.

Blog Entries

One problem with the paint effect is, once established, it's very difficult to drop it. It worked for me.
    The battle scene, being the only real video was a welcome contrast to the rest of the video which was basically pan and zoom on stills.
    The pan & zoom on the "paint effect" still was fine though as you're promoting a book (and pan & zoom is how we read) and the narration is the important part.
    I noticed a lot of clipping on the voice. I can't imagine you recorded it with that so it's definitely worth revisiting the process and seeing where you've introduced this into the chain. If there's one thing you don't want distorted, it's your fantastic voiceover voice!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I noticed a lot of clipping on the voice. I can't imagine you recorded it with that so it's definitely worth revisiting the process and seeing where you've introduced this into the chain. If there's one thing you don't want distorted, it's your fantastic voiceover voice!
    Although I have a very good RODE NTG-2 microphone, and an analog to digital USB converter to bring it into the system, the factory-installed software on the laptop computer I'm currently using does not have the best audio processing capabilities.
    When I retire next year and move back to West Virginia, I'm going to build a dedicated outboard system for sound mixing. Until then, unfortunately, I'm stuck with what I have to work with.