Thread: Summer holiday

Blog Entries

Default Summer holiday

Haven't posted anything for a while...

https://vimeo.com/m/106329559

I think the 70s look was fine for an experiment but the video did not really profit from it (although the effect was well made).

I would have loved to see morning and evening footage to the lyrics "see a beautiful morning that turns into a beautiful evening". Of course it's not necessary but would have been cool for me

The wooden walk and perspective at 0:35 would have given the opportunity for some jump cuts for her at different positions.

Overall very dynamic video with well chosen music. I think you captured the moments well and I actually would have watched more.

Blog Entries

I watched this a few days ago without the music and enjoyed it then but have only just had a chance to look and listen. I think super 8 look does add something - a light-hearted pastiche of old home ciné. As such it actually worked very well watching in silence.

Whene I heard it with the very non-70s music I wasn't really sure, but then using "period " music would have been incredibly naff, so it's probably the right choice. I liked the title animation.

As usual the shots were very tidily edited together with well motivated cuts. And the shot of the "entertainment" dancing takes me back to our own August in Mallorca.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I would have loved to see morning and evening footage to the lyrics "see a beautiful morning that turns into a beautiful evening". Of course it's not necessary but would have been cool for me
    I had to resist that temptation!

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I think super 8 look does add something - a light-hearted pastiche of old home ciné. As such it actually worked very well watching in silence. I liked the title animation.
    It was the first family holiday that reminded me of my own family holidays. It feels entirely appropriate to imagine this as if it really was shot in the 70s. Regarding the music, I hadn't even thought of that. I made the decision to go old skool after I'd chosen the music. And it took me such a long time to match some (royalty free) music to the mood of the footage, I didn't consider if it fitted with the choice of ageing the video.

The title. That was just stock title. In fact the reason I used that (and a contributing factor to the vintage look) was that the music was used in a promo for the title package, that was also linked to another package of old film effects. I rushed editing the title and therefore it seems like it's a) an after thought and b) the key is simply awful. Alas, my artistic and technical skills aren't quite up to making something like that from scratch.

I remember liking this when I saw it on Facebook. I still like it now.

My only concern is that it's only 1:06 mins long, which for me would just be the intro. Could you please stop making the rest of us look rubbish.

Thank You.

I Like it all.... But, as said before, it´s too short... I can see it moving from the super8 look -as an introduction - to a super HD shot + louder sound and keep going for 2 or 3 minutes more with you traditional good shots...

On another subject... is there another member in the Peters family?? And why kids grow so fast there in UK????

Blog Entries

Reece arrived into the world in February.

The footage you see is just about all that was useable. Of about 15 mins of filming, 5 was of my hand, face or floor (whilst rescuing one of the kids for something), 5 was waiting for something to happen and 2 was shot accidentally in portrait on my iPhone.

For our summer holiday activity programme we're seeking young people aged 16 - 25 from the Ealing Borough to be cast and crew for an upcoming short horror film. The activities will incorporate idea generation through role-play, scriptwriting, camera operating, acting, directing and editing.

Participants will work with an experienced film-maker and each other to produce the film whilst developing their craft. This is a great opportunity to learn new skills, make new friends and open doors for future collaborations.

The produced film will be showcased at a screening event and participants will gain a credit for taking part.

We are looking for 5 main cast members and 5 production crew members.

To be part of this fun and engaging project, please forward your name, the role your interested in (cast or crew) and a contact number to getinvolved@madetv.org and one of our team will get back to you with further details.

Make A Difference Entertainment (MADE) is a charity dedicated to forming meaningful collaborations and develop creative solutions to engage young people and those around them to unlock their potential. We exist to unite diverse and distinct communities through the power of film-making for positive social change. In the last year we've supported over 150 young people from West London to have a voice and make it heard through our employability and community cohesion focused programmes.

Blog Entries

madeTV I have deleted your duplicate posts. Please do not spam this forum again or your account will be deleted.
    Thank you.
    Tim