Thread: My first constructed video

Default My first constructed video

Hi all, first thanks for looking at this.

I have been into photography for ten years or more, always been heavily into music, watching bands, videoing them and just straight edit clean and post, adding effects slowly gaining confidence.

Recently bought Final Cut Pro and was staggered by its complexity but soldiered on.

I heard the song from this singer, being a friend of his I was lucky to. I immediately had an idea for a video. Not original by any means but an idea. We searched out a place which happened to be a railway station close by him and had a laugh videoing and attempting to create a story line. Well a few hours of video work and hours learning Final Cut, using blends, cutting syncing and finally adding titles and a finishing black and white aged effect I ended up with this.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOkUXfpQPmQ" target="_blank">

Regards

Joe

A bit too much blur for my taste and I would have appreciated some close-ups but not bad overall.

You managed to get the right mood for the song and the over all look was good. I found the flicker and the fade though blur transition a little annoying in the end. It's ok to do a straight cut now and again.

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    You managed to get the right mood for the song and the over all look was good. I found the flicker and the fade though blur transition a little annoying in the end. It's ok to do a straight cut now and again.
    Yes, agreed. You did a great job of matching the video to the music - really helps bring the songs emotions through. I do, however, also think the blur transitions and look in general are on the high end, not that it ruins it, but it does distract from it IMO.