Thread: Text message effect

Default Text message effect

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to achieve a typewriter/text message effect in Sony Vegas Pro 12, I'm able to let the text appear as if it is typed (along with the flickering | and everything). However, the textbox moves itself automatically when new letters appear. How can I let the letters move from the left to the right as if you're just typing extra letters into the box (like I'm doing right now, typing this new thread!). Hoping for a quick fix, but I'm guessing this is going to cause me a lot of trouble... Thanks in advance!

Blog Entries

You don't say which Titler you are using, but assuming it is "Sony Titles and Text":
    I'm guessing you are keyframing the "Text" so that the letters appear one at a time.

If the above are not true, please state what tool you are using and how you are achieving this effect (there are often many ways of achievbing the same effect in Vegas)

If you are doing the above:
    Under "Location" you should see "Anchor Point". Simply change this to one of the "Left" options (Top Left, Center Left or Bottom Left)
    If you find text jumps about a bit (like I did when I tried it) look out for spurious blanks in some of the ext.
    Tim

Thanks Tim! That is in fact exactly what I'm using, I'll try it out as soon as I have finished the rest of the video!

I can't find the "anchor point" option, where should it be? I've tried both the (Legacy) Titles & Text and the Sony Titles & Text.

Knipsel.jpg

Knipsel 2.jpg

Blog Entries

That is weird. I've just checked by opening my own VP12 (build 770) and it is there in Sony Titles & Text, immediately below "Location" and above "Advanced".
    Titles.jpg
    I'm using Build 770 64bit.

EDIT:
    I've just checked and it seems the anchor point was added in build 486 so you must be using an out of date version. Build 770 was the final version of Sony Vegas Pro 12 and is available from here. Free, assuming you have a legit VP12 serial number.
    Last edited by TimStannard; 08-31-2014 at 11:11 PM.
    Tim

That must be it, thank you!