Thread: My film screens on Channel 4 TONIGHT!

Default My film screens on Channel 4 TONIGHT!

Hey everyone,

Just a quick message to all UK forum users to say that 'Driftwood', a short film I wrote and directed, is being shown on Channel 4 tonight at 11.55pm as part of 'The Shooting Gallery. Starring Sam Gittins (SKY 1's The Smoke, Ripper Street) and Neil Maskell (Utopia, Kill List, Football Factory), Driftwood is a sporting drama about talent overcoming adversity.

If you can't watch it remember to set your recorder!

Making of:

Driftwood - Available on iTunes -

Follow me on twitter - @DirectorJWebber

Surrey, UK
    Blog Entries

Even though I've seen this film several times and will be in bed when it screens (early start tomorrow), I shall record this, just to see it on "proper" TV.

Me too probably Tim! Seen it a fair few times myself!

5. Default

I will be recording it! Do you supplement your income with corporate video work or do cover it with your creative work?

Bit of both really - I've worked full time in the industry for about 5 years now. Recently I've started to get into commercials and am currently speaking to agents to get representation. Driftwood itself though was actually funded by a crowdfunding campaign on the website indigogo back in 2012

I can't watch it in Canada but I am curious to see if you were surprised by any differences in the way it looked or sounded on TV

a friend of mine did a piece for American TV and we were both stunned at a) how different the colours looked and b) how different the sound came out

Blog Entries

Just out of curiosity, how much did they pay you for showing it?

If you don't want to put the amount on the forum, I would really appreciate it if you PM'd it to me.

Rob - PM'd you!

Zamiotana - They did a good job presentation wise so I was happy. They did edit the credits at the beginning and the end which was a little annoying as I feel they both contribute to the mood of the film. I'll bet it's just me that feels that way though!

I've woken up to tons of feedback this morning which has been a nice surprise! It is now available to watch on 4od:

For non-UK forum members the film is available worldwide via iTunes:

10. Default

Thanks for the info!
    I hear it a lot that the agents are needed to get the commissions in high end commercial work (photography, film and design)