Thread: Our first commercial - what do you think?

Default Our first commercial - what do you think?

Hello,
    I'm working in a company that does image films and software development. We just launched our first product (plug-in for premiere pro) and made the very first video clip for ourselves.

We are not sure if it will appeal to the general public, so please give us feedback.

Here is the clip:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uzd...CuUyyZZ-2TzleQ

Best regards,

Wolfram

I think it's generally nicely done but the first part is to long for my taste. The product presentation could be catchier and put more emphasis on the creation of individual custom transitions.

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I think it's generally nicely done but the first part is to long for my taste. The product presentation could be catchier and put more emphasis on the creation of individual custom transitions.
    Hello XXLRay and thanks for your feedback! We really appreciate that and it is important for us, because we are already working on our next plug-ins and their commercials.

Because of the complexity of the product it was difficult for us to decide what to put into the video.

For the custom transitions and text effects, we made two additional videos:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxDO...CuUyyZZ-2TzleQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4gq...CuUyyZZ-2TzleQ

We also made some tutorials, if you are interested here is the link to our homepage:

www.accevolution.net

Best regards,
    Wolfram

Blog Entries

My opinion (as someone who has no knowledge of advertising or marketing and who doesn't use Premiere Pro):

The "sample movie" at the beginning is much, much, much too long.
    It doesn't want to appeal to a general audience. Joe Public is not going to be interested in plug-ins for Premiere Pro.
    It needs to appeal to Premiere users.
    The sample move should show say three transition results really quickly (10 secs) then cut to the detailed presentation. I would have like to have seen someone create a transition - actually using the plug-in (not a tutorial, just someone taking two clips, a photo shop image and combining them) so I can see the interface and how simple/flexible to product is.
    Tim

Hello Tim,
    thank you for your opinion and you constructive criticism. We were experimenting and testing and thought it would be a fresh/good idea to try something new, but obviously we could have done a better job

Would you prefer a video like this:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jxDO...CuUyyZZ-2TzleQ

We made this in addition to our image video for those who would like to know in detail how it works.

Have a nice weekend,
    Wolfram

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    My opinion (as someone who has no knowledge of advertising or marketing and who doesn't use Premiere Pro):

The "sample movie" at the beginning is much, much, much too long.
    It doesn't want to appeal to a general audience. Joe Public is not going to be interested in plug-ins for Premiere Pro.
    It needs to appeal to Premiere users.
    The sample move should show say three transition results really quickly (10 secs) then cut to the detailed presentation. I would have like to have seen someone create a transition - actually using the plug-in (not a tutorial, just someone taking two clips, a photo shop image and combining them) so I can see the interface and how simple/flexible to product is.

Blog Entries

Hi Woolfram,

That's a good video for someone who wants to know more - not quite detail enough for a tutorial but too much detail for a commercial.
    In my mind the commercial should start with a short completed sequence (it could be like the sequence created in the last post), then cut to the guy at the computer presenting the product (as per your original), but also include a bit of the stuff you showed in the video in the last post. So, rather than showing just the individual finished transitions, you show someone creating them. You don't need to explain the process in any detail, but some shots of someone doing it will give a potential purchaser some idea as to whether they would be able to get on with the product.

Some of the New Blue FX adverts are pretty good at this. I can watch one, get a good idea of the results and how to create them, in the space of a few seconds.
    Tim

Hi Tim,
    thanks. This really helps us to get better.

Best regards,
    Wolfram

Hi Woolfram,

That's a good video for someone who wants to know more - not quite detail enough for a tutorial but too much detail for a commercial.
    In my mind the commercial should start with a short completed sequence (it could be like the sequence created in the last post), then cut to the guy at the computer presenting the product (as per your original), but also include a bit of the stuff you showed in the video in the last post. So, rather than showing just the individual finished transitions, you show someone creating them. You don't need to explain the process in any detail, but some shots of someone doing it will give a potential purchaser some idea as to whether they would be able to get on with the product.

Some of the New Blue FX adverts are pretty good at this. I can watch one, get a good idea of the results and how to create them, in the space of a few seconds.

Hello and thank you so much for your input.

We took all your ideas and suggestions and made this new video:
    http://youtu.be/Zm4cbSV6Qmk?list=UU5...CuUyyZZ-2TzleQ

Thanks again, best regards,
    Wolfram

Blog Entries

I think that's much better. So when are you doing a version for Sony Vegas?
    Tim

I think that's much better. So when are you doing a version for Sony Vegas?
    Hello Tim,
    thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry but we are only planning a Mac-Version at the moment, because we want to integrate the Plug-In as good as possible into the editing system and because we are not Sony Vegas-Users ourselves, we think, that we wouldn't be able to give good support.

Best regards,

Wolfram