Thread: Minor menu problem

Default Minor menu problem

Hi all, I just found this site and thought I'd ask the question, since its been bugging me for a while.

I am currently using InterVideo WinDVD Creator2 to capture/burn/author movies. I have used DVD MovieFactory2 in the past also.

My problem is, (well its abit of an irritation really) when I author the movie, in both the apps above, I cant just display the menu. I have to display a menu first showing that there is a menu (God... I hope you understand that last bit)

What I'm looking for is a proggie that, when DVD is placed in standalone it will automatically display menu. Not a screen with a Play button and a Menu button when pressed leads you to the menu.

Thanks for you help in advance..........

I use DVD MovieFactory as well. I agree that it is a complette nuisance to have to display that default menu. Unfortunately there is no way round it.

Certainly the problem is overcome with Ulead DVD Workshop, although this is a bit more expensive.

No doubt other contributors will be able to advise of thei experience with DVD Authoring software.

I'll keep looking and post again if I find anything else.

Blog Entries

My prefered DVD authoring app is Sonic DVDit and it does exactly what you want...

Hi guys, thanks for the replies...

Marc........
    you mentioned Sonic DVDit, How advanced is this to use? I am pretty much new to authoring. Although money isnt really a problem, I dont want to be forking out a bucket full of pennies only to find out I cant get my head around it.

Jammy........
    I havent tried Workshop, because after having used MovieFactory and Videostudio6 (which I forgot to mention before) I was told by a friend to ditch the Ulead proggies, although they did the job just fine WinDVD Creator kicked their ass speedwise. This I have found to be very true, its a hell of a lot faster. So I dont want to go down the Ulead route.

Blog Entries

I think u'll be suitably impressed with DVDit - nice and simple. If money's no object, opt for http://www.adobe.com/products/encore/main.html - never used it, but it's been well recieved and has a free trial (as do all ulead apps!)