Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I am willing to pay anyone who can colourise a old black and white movie for me...

Default I am willing to pay anyone who can colourise a old black and white movie for me...

The movie being The Great Dictator. I am not in the position to learn how or do colorisation for myself. I am a student so I do not have the time either. As the title states I can and will pay anyone who can do this for me. The pay will be around 50 to 200 (if able to pay 200). I will send the movie file via email.

Hmmm - If only it was that simple. Probably costs about that per minute of film
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

I can make it all blue for 50. I can make it all red for 55.

If you want selected colours (which is my assumption) then you're looking at a lot more than that per minute since you'd have to go in to each & every frame and while you could keyframe some masks etc it's not trivial and it's not quick, which is probably why you're not able to do it yourself. Expect the time to do this well to be measured in weeks rather than minutes, hour or days.

Default Reply

Thank you for informing me. Do you know if there is anywhere else I can go? Like a website or someone who does it as a professional? It would be very helpful if you could tell me.

Thank you for informing me. Do you know if there is anywhere else I can go? Like a website or someone who does it as a professional? It would be very helpful if you could tell me. Also I would have liked the colouring to be like this: http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x...zed_shortfilms

6. Default

What exactly do you mean you mean by colourise? Do you mean make a B&W film look as if it's in colour, like this one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYJ3bZZTFvs
    Or do you mean 'grading' whereby exposures/gammas can be enhanced and a specific tint added, eg sepia?

If it's the former then I'm afraid you will have more success trying to find the Lost Ark of the Covenant than having a 126 minute film colourised between 50-200. Maybe add a couple of naughts and you'll be close.

Quote Originally Posted by TylerSpG View Post
    Do you know if there is anywhere else I can go? Like a website or someone who does it as a professional? It would be very helpful if you could tell me.
    You will need to contact a company like this: http://www.westwingstudios.com/wws/website/index.htm

As the other posters have said, it is a very expensive process.....

Also I would have liked the colouring to be like this: http://touch.dailymotion.com/video/x...zed_shortfilms
    Did you already contact the person who uploaded the video?

I couldn't find any of his details but I'll check again.

The movie being The Great Dictator. I am not in the position to learn how or do colorisation for myself. I am a student so I do not have the time either. As the title states I can and will pay anyone who can do this for me. The pay will be around 50 to 200 (if able to pay 200). I will send the movie file via email.
    As others have no doubt told you, colorization of Black and White movie footage must be done one frame at a time. Even partially automated software is expensive and still quite time consuming. I looked at that colorize YouTube clip done by "Disart" Software and then tried to track it down. Looks like an abandoned project. If you really want to learn colorization, here is a software that is quite cheap, but easy to use to colorize single stills. http://www.recolored.com/ The software can detect lines in the picture and recognize the boundary between what should be two different colors. All you need to do is insert color points withing the picture for the different objects. The software can then render the still as colorized, based on the dot placement. This is a very good program to do still-frames, only. If you really want to learn colorization, download the demo and try it. You'll soon understand the effort it requires to do a whole movie. But I hope you find this tool useful and fun to experiment with. Good luck and God bless.
    Digger

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast