Thread: Audio Sync Issues Vegas 13

Default Audio Sync Issues Vegas 13

Greetings all, I'm new here and have an issue with sony vegas 13. I captured 14 shows from my directv dvr with my capture card(http://avertv.avermedia.com/Product/...il.aspx?Id=528). Capturing went fine, video plays perfectly in wmp&splash pro ex(perfect video&audio sync's). I import into vegas 13 and there are no lags whatsoever with video&audio. Then I edit out directv menus and commercials. I go to render as using Sony AVC/MVC 1280x720-30p Internet HD changing the fps to 59.940 double NTSC. I leave all other settings alone. When the rendering is complete(I wait for the dialog box to vanish)and I play the video, there is about a half to a full second of audio lag. Many thanks to all in advance.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default fps

Hi,
    I don't understand why you are changing the frame rate. 30 frames per second is what the rate should be for broadcast television. You would only use the 59.940 rate (double NTSC) with camcorder footage created at that rate.

Best regards

Quote Originally Posted by hemified05 View Post
    Greetings all, I'm new here and have an issue with sony vegas 13. I captured 14 shows from my directv dvr with my capture card(http://avertv.avermedia.com/Product/...il.aspx?Id=528). Capturing went fine, video plays perfectly in wmp&splash pro ex(perfect video&audio sync's). I import into vegas 13 and there are no lags whatsoever with video&audio. Then I edit out directv menus and commercials. I go to render as using Sony AVC/MVC 1280x720-30p Internet HD changing the fps to 59.940 double NTSC. I leave all other settings alone. When the rendering is complete(I wait for the dialog box to vanish)and I play the video, there is about a half to a full second of audio lag. Many thanks to all in advance.

Make sure your project setting match the original footage. See if matching the audio sample rate helps. ie if the original is,48,000Hz then set your rendering setting to the same, it may already be set to this. Try rendering as .mpg2 or .m2t in stead of a mp4.