Thread: Quick question regarding Adobe Encore

Default Quick question regarding Adobe Encore

Hi, this question will probably be a stupid one but Im new to Encore so I have much to learn

I have a piece of video I want to use as the background to a menu. However, I dont want the menu buttons to come in straight away; I want them to appear about 25 seconds into the background movie. Is it possible to do this or am I going to have to resort to cutting up the video in Premiere?

Ive tried cutting it up and making the first part a timeline and then using the second part of the video as the menu background but there is a small gap between the 2 parts and it ruins the effect slightly. I hope you can understand my ramble; sometimes even i have trouble understanding what im saying

Blog Entries

This is how I'd do it:

Set the "background" as athe first play (or if you already have a first play, make the routing so that at the end of the first play the background video plays), then set the end of the first play to be the menu.

You'll have to put up with the "jump".

Do you think the jump will be as significant once its on the DVD? I would test it but I need to buy another cake of DVDs.

Blog Entries

What you see on your PC is normally what you get

Hehe - at the speed my computer is running, you have to imagine it a fair few FPS faster

Edit : Do you think i'd be able to use Aftereffects to make the button transparent and then fade in? I think Ill have a little play around.

Yes, you CAN use after effects to make the buttons fly in or fade in. There's an option in Encore to create an AFX comp from your menu. Check the help file under working with After Effects. It works pretty well.

Fists

Just make the button fade in part of your original animation that plays at startup. Then let the thing jump to the static version which is the true menu.

As for the jump. mabny a DVD I've purchased does this. nice animation of buttons etc and then a small hic-cup before the buttons are recognised from the remote. It seem pretty standard.