Thread: attaching a png to a certain point in a video (trace)

Default attaching a png to a certain point in a video (trace)

I want to attach a graduation cap on a head of a moving object in a video i tried position stopwatch but it is kinda bumpy also i tried adding a solid and position it and parent that solid to the image but still didnt work so im wondering if there is another way to trace it and make it as realistic as possible and btw its the colombia intro

With Premiere, I don't think there is a better way. (Adobe would recommend buying the expensive app 'After Effects').
    It may be worthwhile considering Premiere's options for temporal interpolation, which could help with the non-regular movement speed of the target.

References:
    Adobe explanation about Interpolation. http://helpx.adobe.com/premiere-pro/...-keyframe.html
    Example of a Columbia opening www.youtube.com/watch?v=dIknlub6lEc

Quote Originally Posted by osos96 View Post
    I want to attach a graduation cap on a head of a moving object in a video i tried position stopwatch but it is kinda bumpy also i tried adding a solid and position it and parent that solid to the image but still didnt work so im wondering if there is another way to trace it and make it as realistic as possible and btw its the colombia intro
    Do you only have Premiere Pro or do you have the suite including After Effects? If you have the suite you also have After Effects and the Mocha Tracker. Combinations of After Effects & Mocha make this simple and effective. You can also do it in After Effects without Mocha by using the built in tracker.

There are LOTS of FREE tutorials on the Web for doing this, just not in Premiere Pro.

If you only have Premiere Pro (which is unlikely if you've bought it in the last few years) then what version do you have? Later versions include the Warp Stabiliser which should make it easier to track manually.

Realise that attaching something like a cap is not trivial if the subject has any rotation since you'll need a 3D model of the cap in order to rotate it too.