Thread: No 'Line in' audio on SonyZ5 and SonyZ7

Default No 'Line in' audio on SonyZ5 and SonyZ7

Hi there. I seem to have a problem in not been able to record audio on my 2xSony Z5s and a Sony Z7. If I am videoing a show or music concert I sometimes use an audio mixer with several mics. The mixer is then outputted to a camera and connected via the 'Line in' sockets. No matter which switch setting I use for the input selections, I cannot get audio into the camera via 'Line input', BUT I do get the audio when I select the 'Mic' settings.
    I thought that perhaps there could be a fault with the camera but this is happening with all three cameras. Am I missing something here? Is there a setting in the menu somewhere? I have read the instruction books for both Z5 and Z7 and can't find any info there. All I can think is that perhaps all three cameras are faulty on the Line in circuit!! Any ideas would be most helpful. Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by mardi View Post
    Hi there. I seem to have a problem in not been able to record audio on my 2xSony Z5s and a Sony Z7. If I am videoing a show or music concert I sometimes use an audio mixer with several mics. The mixer is then outputted to a camera and connected via the 'Line in' sockets. No matter which switch setting I use for the input selections, I cannot get audio into the camera via 'Line input', BUT I do get the audio when I select the 'Mic' settings.
    I thought that perhaps there could be a fault with the camera but this is happening with all three cameras. Am I missing something here? Is there a setting in the menu somewhere? I have read the instruction books for both Z5 and Z7 and can't find any info there. All I can think is that perhaps all three cameras are faulty on the Line in circuit!! Any ideas would be most helpful. Cheers.
    Are you still having this problem. with your sony z5. I know of a way to sort it out