Thread: Sony vegas, preview and good quality looks as it supposed, but Best...

Default Sony vegas, preview and good quality looks as it supposed, but Best...

Hi, they recommended me this forum, so I wanted to ask this.

Guys, I'm in the middle of a problem (Sony Vegas 12)

I was working on a video and it has taken me a lot of time, mainly because I don't have a monster computer, and I'm using a lot of lens flare effects that require a lot of computer power and it crashes my laptop kind of often.

The thing is, I always used the Preview quality on Sony Vegas to work faster, added every single thing, BUT, when I finally finished my video, the lens flare effect changed dramatically the position, and therefore make the video look worse.

I just want to know WHY did this happen!!

Can I render in "Best - Quarter quality" at least just to leave it like that??, otherwise, it would mean to redo all the effects, and my pc can't really work with those lights, it bottlenecks!!

Here's a pic, left pic is the right one (Quality Best- Quarter), but with the right pic, the quality is Best-Full.Sony vegas qualities video.jpg

Somebody told it MAYBE could be the aspect radio of the video and the effects, not sure though.

Blog Entries

I've come across this before and don't really understand it, but the "quarter" setting does seem to be the issue.
    For this reason I preview in low res for getting timing correct, but full res for positioning, colour, fx etc.
    I fear your solution is to redo those effects for position, now you have the timing right.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I've come across this before and don't really understand it, but the "quarter" setting does seem to be the issue.
    For this reason I preview in low res for getting timing correct, but full res for positioning, colour, fx etc.
    I fear your solution is to redo those effects for position, now you have the timing right.
    Thanks!!

Yeah, I'm breaking my head working on redoing them, fortunately, I only had them messed up in 3 takes (since I applied effects individually for every take), it's almost done as I write this.

Unfortunately, I don't have the best laptop to do it, and it crashes often since I'm using a lot of lights and stuff.

I'll follow your advice and use preview/quarter for timing, and best/full for adjusting everything else.

Thanks man!

Blog Entries

Hope it all works out OK.
    Tim