Thread: Canon EF/EFS Lens Mount Clarification

Default Canon EF/EFS Lens Mount Clarification

Hi All,

I hope you're all well and wondered if someone could please offer some clarification regarding Canon lenses.

I currently use the following for my film projects: Canon 550D body with Magic Lantern plugin as well as EF 50mm, EFS 18-55mm and EF 75-300mm lenses.

I am looking to invest in the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera and wonder if someone could please clarify exactly what I would need in order to use ALL my current Canon lenses.

I've found a number of adaptors that will allow me to use my EF lenses, but I can't find any that allow the use of my EFS lens.

I am trying to ascertain exactly what it is that won't work - if it is the auto-focus functions then that's no problem as I only ever function manually.

Apologies if this is a pretty straight forward question - my knowledge of cameras and lenses (and especially crop factors) is limited. Up to now as long as the lens has been compatible with the 550D body i've been ok and adaptors etc have not been a requirement.

If anyone is able to offer clarification on this I would be most grateful.

Many thanks

Jamie

I don't really know the answer but does this help

Hi,

That's great. That actually cleared things up a treat.

Im actually going to go the other way and invest in 4/3 lenses rather than an adaptor.

Thanks again for your help.

Very best

Jamie