Thread: cropping a video ? software?

Default cropping a video ? software?

hello - totally new to this forum and video editing. I have a drone with HD camera that does Mpeg's. I have added cushions to my landing gear on my drone that are showing up in the video. The video is good enough that I want to crop the sides of the video to remove sight of the drones landing gear cushions. Is there a software out there that can take my video and crop the sides without sacrificing the video quality?

thanks

Robert

2. Default

Pretty much any NLE can do that, but cropping equals fewer pixels equals lower quality no matter how you slice it.

yep, any cropping will reduce the image quality... But if you´re shooting full HD (1080) and the cropping needed is small (up to 15%), it will be hard to notice, specially if the idea is to share the video via YT or Vimeo. Just mentioned this software for another new member today.. http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/moviestudio

DVDFab DVD Ripper is a dear buddy which can help you with the video croping. "Crop" will let you freely crop the video by yourself or automatically. The "Automatic" cropping method lets DVDFab crop automatically to remove source video's black bars. If you don't want to change the aspect ratio, it's better to always check "Keep Aspect Ratio", and you are free to slide between "Letterbox" and "Pan&Scan" to process black bars just as you like
    crop.jpg

yes thank you very much, the percent crop will be less than 15% and I will give your link a look.

very informative thank you!