Thread: Video Rendering issues

Angry Video Rendering issues

Hi,

I cannot for the life of me figure out how to render this clip I have in Sony Vegas 12.0. I render clips like this all the time with intros, a bit of music, lower thirds and outro's but this one isn't working when using my regular HD settings, or any other for that matter.
    Usually, the videos I am dealing with are sized 1280x720 in size and between 2 and 6 minutes long, however this particular video is only 854x480. Vegas will render the intro and as soon as it gets to the video section of my project it goes black and freezes. Does anyone know how I can solve this issue without having to ask my subject to re-film her clip in a larger format please?

Blog Entries

First thing first. Have you eliminated the possibility of a bad video clip? ie have you tried (temporarily) removing the first couple of events after the intro and rendering, or removing the intro and rendering, just to see what happens.
    Tim

No, if I didn't know any better I would say it was a bad clip but I am assuming that there is a way of making it work given that this clip has been sent to me by someone who constantly records short clips for me and I have never had this issue before... mind you her clips are usually 1280x720 not 854x480 so that is my only call for concern. I have tried rendering my intro and outro, and that works, I have tried rendering the video alone with no effects whatsoever, that doesn't work, and i have rendered it as .wma and it works fine as an audio file with no video...

p.s just made this account today and realise i made a typo in my own damn name... no judgements here :|

Blog Entries

So you are saying it is only when you combine the intro and the cvlip you've been sent that you have the problem.
    What happens if you change the project setting to match her clip?
    Tim

Still doesn't work when i change project setting to match clip. However, just converted the clip from .mp4 to .wmv and it has rendered... don't understand the premise behind this one but I am happy that it's finally worked. Cheers for the help TS