Thread: MAsk and rotation questions

1. Default MAsk and rotation questions

IF I put one video effect on top of another in a single track can I change the z rotation of 1 video then?

OR should I put them in another track.When I have 2 video events on 2 diffrint tracks nothing happens the video from the first track shows and the audio of the tracks play.What I want to do is put one video inside another then change the so called child video I quess z rotation.

ANy advice

2. Default

I did it!

So I want to put one video inside another another then make on transparent.Any general tips I figured it out by myself but if you can add anything I would apprecaite it

Blog Entries

Any chance you could phrase your question(s) more clearly? I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you - you've even used correct terminology, but I am totally unclear about what you are trying to achieve, how you achieved it and what additional info you require! A picture might help.
    Tim

4. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Any chance you could phrase your question(s) more clearly? I'm sure it makes perfect sense to you - you've even used correct terminology, but I am totally unclear about what you are trying to achieve, how you achieved it and what additional info you require! A picture might help.
    OK so I have a video of someone in a booth.Now what I want to do is overlay it with another video that has been cropped so its smaller.Move it I dont know how to do that yet then rotate it on its z axis so it lines up with the class.Now I want to have a video with transparency that will be modified I quess so that it will show only transparent people.

Is something like that even possible?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by drunkelf34 View Post
    OK so I have a video of someone in a booth.
    I'm already struggling. What do you mean by someone in a booth?

Now what I want to do is overlay it with another video that has been cropped so its smaller.Move it I dont know how to do that yet then rotate it on its z axis
    OK now this is standard stuff. Generally resize using pan and crop and move using track motion. It is possible to rotate using pan and crop and to move as well, but somewhat more restrictive.

so it lines up with the class.
    That has totally lost me - what class?
    Now I want to have a video with transparency that will be modified I quess so that it will show only transparent people.
    So you want to "punch people shaped holes" through one video? That's what will happen if you have transparent people?
    Is something like that even possible?
    Almost certainly, but I have failed to grasp what you are trying to achieve from your description. Sorry!

But leaving aside the transparency business (which is often achieved by "keying out" (or making transparent) a particular colour, you hsould be able to do the rest using pan and crop (and Event FX) and track motion (on ... a track)
    Tim

6. Default

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I'm already struggling. What do you mean by someone in a booth?

OK now this is standard stuff. Generally resize using pan and crop and move using track motion. It is possible to rotate using pan and crop and to move as well, but somewhat more restrictive.

That has totally lost me - what class?

So you want to "punch people shaped holes" through one video? That's what will happen if you have transparent people?

Almost certainly, but I have failed to grasp what you are trying to achieve from your description. Sorry!

But leaving aside the transparency business (which is often achieved by "keying out" (or making transparent) a particular colour, you hsould be able to do the rest using pan and crop (and Event FX) and track motion (on ... a track)
    I been thinking about this last night in bed and I dont think it would be nessary to rotate the second video on the z axis.The screen is still 2d if I can move the second video to line up with the glass I can have very short clips maybe only a few seconds long of transparent people so you can see through the class and into the booth.Its a soundproof booth for a professional gamer I want to create a fan video of the gamer in the booth.The transparent people are rivals

Am I allowed to post a link to work in progress if there is no copyright issues?Perhaps then I can ask for advice again

sorry bad english I meant to say glass not class

Blog Entries

Am I allowed to post a link to work in progress if there is no copyright issues?Perhaps then I can ask for advice again
    Please do!
    Tim