Thread: My Hitachi dzhv597e full hd footage isnt openable by any editing programs.

Default My Hitachi dzhv597e full hd footage isnt openable by any editing programs.

Hi,
    Posted here a while back asking about After effects problems, and was helped by a nice gentleman who taught me how to add keyframes for a veriety of distortion editing techniques. However< recently ran into a problem with a new piece of equipment I picked up..

My New handheld Camcorder (a Hitachi dzhv597e full hd camcorder, to be specific, an outdated model that isn't too bad besides my problem) films well, all videos come up okay (albeit most areas in my house are irritatingly yellow from he energy saving bulbs) and they are easy to transfer to my PC. However, whenever I try to open them in any editing programs (After effects CS6, Sony Vegas Pro 12.0 and *shudder*, Windows Movie maker) It doesn't work.

With After effects It comes up with a blank video file; the same time length and fps, but no picture or audio (the audio levels rise and fall, but no sound is actually audible and they don't change in accordance to what the footage should contain). Vegas, on the other hand, simply refuses to have it in the program full stop, and all attempts to get it to work end with the following Message: "None of the files Dropped in Vegas Pro could be opened."

Converting the files into any other format opens a similar problem in Vegas Pro, however with after effects it usually results in an error message informing me that "The file type is not supported." However, Whenever I try to use any other footage from my other camera (a simple Kodak Easyshare picture camera) it works perfectly fine, even in the same video formats as those tried with my other camera.

If it helps for any other information, the setting I'm using for the footage with my Camcorder is 720p and 60fps at superfine quality.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
    Ark.

It's all about the format of the video that your camera shoots and having the correct codec on your computer. You will have to research your cameras shooting format.

You might also need to read this http://dvdcam-pc.support.hitachi.ca/.../04e_dzmv7.pdf