Thread: IHow to delete scenes from clips in Organize in Pinnacle 17.5

Default IHow to delete scenes from clips in Organize in Pinnacle 17.5

I bought Pinnacle 17 and am still struggling with it. I then upgraded to Pinnacle 17.5. I previously used Pinnacle 12.

When I was using Pinnacle 17, I was able to create scenes in Organize mode AND could delete scenes before going into Edit mode. Using 17.5 last night, I tried to do the same, but was unable to delete scenes. I searched the internet, looked at the manual, but no luck.

Can anyone please help or should I re-install Pinnacle 17 to have this function-I find this very useful.

Secondly, apart from the Pinnacle manual, which I find vague, are there other pdf tutorials available? I find the jump from 12 to 17 extremely steep.

If all you're doing is deleting a scene, VirtualDub is super easy.

Load your video, mark the start and end of the area to be cut out, hit "Delete", save the video to a new name.

Some types of videos can be saved without re-rendering as long as you're okay with the cuts being at keyframes. If not, you will have to set up compression method and re-encode.

Plenty of tutorials out there on VirtualDub....but answer back here if you have a quick question.

Blog Entries

@dwsiddall

What I find very strange is that you have contributed twice to this forum. In the other post you said:

"What I find disappointing is that when someone asks for help, 99% of the time, users set about to convince the asker that he's nuts or stupid to want to do what he wants to do."
    Which is fair comment - except that (a) the people who responded were politely trying o explain the enormity of the the task the OP was trying to undertake and (b) the thread was from 2007!

@avz10 - I'm sure what you are trying to do is possible in pinnacle 17.5. Don't despair if you don't get an answer here right away - it's a low volume but (generally) high quality forum - although it has to be said not many Pinnacle Studio users here.

Here's a link to a pdf of the Pinnacle 17 manual. Hope it helps.

And now, in this thread, instead of offering the OP advise about the product he wants advise on (and with which he is familiar - albeit in earlier versions) you tell him to use another product.
    Tim

Blog Entries

Having had a quick glance through the manual, the only reference to "Organize" I can find that vaguely fits what you are talking about is with regard to the "Library". The library is is just a convenient way to group all the "assets" (bits of video, music, graphics etc) you plan to use in your movie together. It is really just an index - it doesn't really contain the video itself - just a pointer to it and information about it.

Anyway, if that's the case - from the manual:

Removing items from the Library
    To remove an item from the Library, or a selection containing multiple items, choose Delete selected from the context menu or press the Delete key. A confirmation dialog lets you approve the list of media files to be removed from the Library database. By default, the files themselves will not be affected, but the Remove from library and delete option lets you delete the files too, if desired. Be careful, as this command works on all kinds of Library assets, including your Pinnacle Studio projects if any of those are selected.
    Tim

This is the way I am doing it.

The clip that I want to delete scenes from

To detect scenes (wrong clip is highlighted, as I have already detected the scenes in the clip that I use as an example)

Open the scenes:

The scenes displayed

Right click to delete scene : No possibility to delete scene

But you can delete a clip

Pinnacle 17- the process that I followed:

The scenes displayed

Able to delete scenes

There must be something that I do wrong- In 17, I can delete clips and scenes, in 17.5 I can only delete clips not scenes.

Blog Entries

Great post of the problem. I suggest you post the same to Pinnacle or a Pinnacle forum.
    out of interest, what happens if you select a scene and press the "delete" key?
    Tim