Thread: Awesome Free HD Stock Footage Site

Lightbulb Awesome Free HD Stock Footage Site

Hi guys, saw this was the forum to brag about video productions and projects - well here are mine: www.videvo.net

We've been shooting lots of stock for the last couple of years, and it's all free for anyone to use we use Sony PMW-200's and 5D Mark iii's mostly at the moment. We are getting a 4k camera very soon!

I'd love to hear any thoughts and feedback any of you have? Do you guys use stock footage a lot?

I went through the process to download a clip but on the very last step (where you click on download clip) all I get is a black screen with a picture of a "play" button and a line through it - any ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I went through the process to download a clip but on the very last step (where you click on download clip) all I get is a black screen with a picture of a "play" button and a line through it - any ideas?

Hi Zamiotana,

That's an interesting one! Try ticking the box and instead of left clicking the download link, try right click and save target as (or your browsers equibilent) it looks like your browser is trying to read the file off the server instead of download it.

Let me know if it still doesn't work

Cheers,

Hmm

OK I just went back in to try again and it appears that I am logged in as a different person called "Saings92" who has already downloaded two movies!

Something is broken at your end and is apparently exposing user accounts from what I can see

I saved a screenshot of the affected account profile if you want it

to be honest it looks more like your web server is serving up random pages - when I click on the blow-out of a video, the browser takes me to a random page on your site rather than the download page for that video

Zam
    Last edited by zamiotana; 06-23-2014 at 02:30 PM.

Hmm

OK I just went back in to try again and it appears that I am logged in as a different person called "Saings92" who has already downloaded two movies!

Something is broken at your end and is apparently exposing user accounts from what I can see

I saved a screenshot of the affected account profile if you want it

to be honest it looks more like your web server is serving up random pages - when I click on the blow-out of a video, the browser takes me to a random page on your site rather than the download page for that video

Zam
    Hi Zam,

Thanks so much for this info, that's certainly very strange!! I'd love to see that screenshot is there any chance you would be kind enough to email hello@videvo.net with the screenshot and any further details which could assist us? Did you sign up with social media or an email address? What browser were you using?

Again, thanks so much for your help

Harry

Ok my uncle just sent you the image

basically I did this :

turned on my employer's laptop
    Opened chrome
    went to your site
    before I could sign on, I discovered I was already signed on as someone else

since your site was also serving me random pages, my guess is that that your web server is not matching the request with the response correctly

just a guess, but it's seriously broken

Ok my uncle just sent you the image

basically I did this :

turned on my employer's laptop
    Opened chrome
    went to your site
    before I could sign on, I discovered I was already signed on as someone else

since your site was also serving me random pages, my guess is that that your web server is not matching the request with the response correctly

just a guess, but it's seriously broken
    I'm assuming there's no chance your employer already has an account? I've tried replicating this on various computers and I haven't been able to get random pages or random log ins to accounts. I'll keep testing though and see if I can isolate the problem. Thanks again for your help, it's very useful

My boss doesn't have an account on anything - he only uses his laptop to listen to online radio

Try the following:
    tom logs in
    harry logs in
    dick logs in
    tom clicks on a link
    dick clicks on a link
    harry clicks on a link
    then see whether tom, dick and harry get the right links

basically the problem is with interleaved requests

you'll get it more often once more than one person is visiting your site
    Last edited by zamiotana; 06-25-2014 at 03:53 AM.