Thread: Ecuador

Default Ecuador

A promotion video about ecuador
    shot with gopro hero 3 black & canon 650D

Hope you guys enjoy

Last edited by Aeroscoop; 06-19-2014 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries

I love the shots of the guy wakeboarding in a suit. Some nice stuff there,and lively editing.
    However it needed more imposing images at the beginning. Up until 39secs the shots could have been of anywhere. You should really open with something that scream Ecuador.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    You should really open with something that scream Ecuador.
    What he says
    I really miss something that identifies the footage as being from Ecuador.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I love the shots of the guy wakeboarding in a suit. Some nice stuff there,and lively editing.
    However it needed more imposing images at the beginning. Up until 39secs the shots could have been of anywhere. You should really open with something that scream Ecuador.
    Thnx for the feedback.
    What about the editing and timing? too fast? too short? good in sync with music yes or no?
    i'm still experimenting with it, the perception of visual and audio.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Aeroscoop View Post
    What about the editing and timing? too fast? too short? good in sync with music yes or no?
    I thought those aspects were fine and meant to say so.
    Whilst this is difficult in something that is basically showing a number of different appeals of Equador, you might give some thought to some sort of narrative - a story that links each section (I don't mean create a drama, just some sort of logical sequence that entices the viewer to stay to see what is next)
    Tim

Apart from being impressed that Tim knows what wakeboarding is, I think the video needs a bit more work. As Tim suggests adding a little narrative might help. You need to think about what we are seeing and why we are seeing it. Not just "have I got the timing to the music right etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Apart from being impressed that Tim knows what wakeboarding is, I think the video needs a bit more work. As Tim suggests adding a little narrative might help. You need to think about what we are seeing and why we are seeing it. Not just "have I got the timing to the music right etc...

I've made an effort to make sort of a storyline. Not as clear and good to follow as I thought i guess.
    You see, at first there are glimpses of different places.
    I thought it would act as a trailer to make the viewer curious about what's coming.
    As tim mentioned earlier the actual storyline starts at the hanging bridge.
    The story goes to a action climax with wakeboarding.
    It takes a brake from all the action with the smooth resort shots filmed on a slider.
    It goes on a action climax again to the paragliding.
    The end.