Thread: Vegas render output blurred

Unhappy Vegas render output blurred

Hi I am sorry if similar post exists, I have strange problem with blurred render video in Vegas pro. I imported four avi videos (they were divided by camera to four pieces) connected them to one video and changed the sound line (disabled video sound and imported other sound track in wav). My render output video is terribly blurry when camera is moving. Below in picture are my project, video and render settings. Please help, I was trying ti find out what could be wrong, with no luck. I tried to set render output, FPS etc. to the same settings as input video is, but it is still terribly blurry.

http://imgur.com/BxXNlG8

Blog Entries

A couple of things which may account for this.
    First I note that your video claims to be progressive and you have set your output to progressive. However, your project properties are set to interlaced - I suggest you change that (change "Field Order"). I'm not sure but this may result in Vegas de-interlacing footage only to interlace it again. Your project properties should always match your source footage (obviously not possible in all cases if you have a project with mixed footage).

The second I don't have any solution for - I see you're using xVid footage. This is not really designed for editing (it's more of a delivery format) and Vegas has over the years struggled a bit with it.

Please let us know how you get on....
    Tim

Hi, thanks for advice, changing "Field order" to "None (progressive scan)" did nothing, so I converted input videos to MPEG-4 and now is render output perfect. So there seems to be problem with xVid format.
    Thanks for help!

Hi, thanks for advice, changing "Field order" to "None (Progressive scan)" did nothing, so I converted input videos to MPEG-4 and now is render output perfect. So there seems to be problem with xVid format.
    Thanks for help!