Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tut Tut!

Blog Entries

Default Tut Tut!

The latest bit of historical tie-in fun featuring my daughter and her friends. The first outing for my XF100 and it shows with quite a few focusing issues. Inexcusable really, but where I have remembered to focus I'm pretty impressed with the quality (at least on the source footage). Still, that's not really the point. It was a good half term weekend for the kids and a lot of editing for me (I wasn't quite as careful with the lighting this time and I paid for it). Well done to my wife for coming up with it and nagging me to persist with the editing.

Tim

Fab, Fab, Fab. I think the sense of fun comes through from the kids. Great ideas like the sugar lumps for the pyramids etc. Shame about the keying on that shot. I soon found I just got into it and stopped looking for "faults". So you did the trick.

Well done to the whole team.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I soon found I just got into it and stopped looking for "faults". So you did the trick.
    I'm relieved to hear it - the pyramids were far from the worst keying problems
    Thanks for watching and I'm delighted you enjoyed it for the fun of it.
    Tim

I get the feeling you're being a bit over critical about this piece. I think you got some great images.

You wanna see the rubbish I filmed last week. I had half an hour to set up two cameras and a radio mic. Then realised that the light was fading fast and I didn't have any liting with me. Neddless to say it was like filming in a bat cave BUT the people I filmed it for love it. It's all about the content and this has great content.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I get the feeling you're being a bit over critical about this piece.
    But I come here to be critical (and criticised) I can get the good comments from the kids' mums
    Although I view these things as a bit of a throwaway (which my wife criticizes me for - pointing out that they are far more successful than any of my more serious stuff) I really enjoy doing them and get immense satisfaction out of seeing how the kids rise to the occasion. And I love the dreadful jokes we get to throw in, which we probably couldn't do with adults.
    Tim

Excellent job - the audio was nice and clean - I can only imagine what an alien race would make of humans if this video was their only clue

Blog Entries

Thanks Zam.
    Audio was sequenced/edited in Sony Acid Pro.Vocals recorded on a Zoom H2.Bass and drums sampled. Guitar recorded into PC via a 30 year old Boss ME30 effects unit (and 50 year old cliché licks)

As for the aliens - I imagine their impression would be far worse if their only clues were TV news reports.
    Tim

I actually enjoyed it but the high tones burst my ears
    My only critique would be that the keying and clean costumes make it look a bit 80s style.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    the keying and clean costumes make it look a bit 80s style.
    Dammit - it must have been too good. We were going for 60s
    Tim

Well, I enjoyed it and loved the zillion effects, especially the torch beams and throbbing sting bite. Lots of nice crisp shots, but must have been a smorgasbord to edit.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast