Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: All music at soundimage.org is now free for commercial use

Default All music at soundimage.org is now free for commercial use

Hi everyone,

I've decided to make all of the music on my site free for commercial use as well as noncommercial. Just please credit me properly as detailed on my homepage.

If you decide to use one or more of my pieces, a donation would be greatly appreciated...any amount you can swing would be helpful.

As always, thanks for your feedback and I hope you find something you can use.

Eric

Eric,

Thanks for posting this. I haven't listened to any music yet, but I will.

The first question I always have for any music I need to use for commercial and/or charity films is this: Where can I download the license? Now, you may say it's free to use (with credit), and that's awesome, but if I'm supplying video to a commercial operation (could be a company, could be an agency, could be TV) then I need to have the license available for everything I've used, including stock photos, stock video and of course stock music. I need to be able to show it is being correctly (and legally) used, and without this the entire video could be rejected. It's not enough to point to a web site and say, "hey, they said it was free and OK", because that website could change at any moment.

So, where can I download a copy of the license and will I get a dated email receipt (even for free) that shows the date that license was applied?

Just something to think about

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    Eric,

Thanks for posting this. I haven't listened to any music yet, but I will.

The first question I always have for any music I need to use for commercial and/or charity films is this: Where can I download the license? Now, you may say it's free to use (with credit), and that's awesome, but if I'm supplying video to a commercial operation (could be a company, could be an agency, could be TV) then I need to have the license available for everything I've used, including stock photos, stock video and of course stock music. I need to be able to show it is being correctly (and legally) used, and without this the entire video could be rejected. It's not enough to point to a web site and say, "hey, they said it was free and OK", because that website could change at any moment.

So, where can I download a copy of the license and will I get a dated email receipt (even for free) that shows the date that license was applied?

Just something to think about
    Hi David,

If you happen to find something on my site that works and you need a license for your chain of title, just email me and I'll be happy to send you one.

Thanks,

Eric

Hi everyone,

I've added some new pieces to the following pages:

Fantasy / Game Music

Drama

Nature / Science

Enjoy!

Eric

Hi everyone,

I'm in the process of expanding the site with new pages/genres of music and wanted to reach out and ask you if you had any suggestions for genres/styles/feels of music that would be helpful to you.

I have some ideas of my own, but I'm sure there are all kinds of styles I haven't thought of.

All suggestions are welcome and very much appreciated.

Thanks,
    Eric

Default Genres of Music

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    There may be some worth in using the ID3 list of genres. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ID3 , however even that list is very limited(e.g. "Classical" only gets *one* entry!)
    Thanks, Tim, that's great!

I'm also asking everyone if there are any genres they'd like me to create pieces for based on the kinds of projects they're doing. So don't hesitate to share.

Eric

Hi everyone,

I've added a bunch of new pieces on the following pages:

Fantasy/Game Music
    Sci-fi/Space
    Drama

Hope they are useful,

Eric

Hi everyone,
    I've had several requests for action pieces...mostly from indie game developers...so I've started an "Action" page and uploaded 5 new pieces with varying styles. If there's a particular style you're interested in, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I also uploaded some new pieces on the Nature/Science page as well as the Technology page. I hope they are helpful.

Thanks for all your feedback and support,
    Eric
    http://soundimage.org/

Hi Eric,

first of all, thanks a lot for giving your music for free on the net. It really helps a lot. I just downloaded a few and will listen to them with care, as IŽll need some tracks for a project. Of course IŽll be more than happy to make a contribution to your website and good work. Tony.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyBR View Post
    Hi Eric,

first of all, thanks a lot for giving your music for free on the net. It really helps a lot. I just downloaded a few and will listen to them with care, as IŽll need some tracks for a project. Of course IŽll be more than happy to make a contribution to your website and good work. Tony.
    Thanks, Tony, I appreciate it. Please feel free to send me a link to your project(s)...I love to see how creative people are using my music.

Eric

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast