Thread: Sly Sports News/ ESDN moving news board at the bottom.

Default Sly Sports News/ ESDN moving news board at the bottom.

Hi
    I'm new to this forum and I am in need of some help.
    On Sly Sports News and ESDN they have a bar at the bottom of the screen which movies, i ahve attached an image of the bar i mean.
    I would like to replicate this bar just like Sly sports News but my own text and logos.
    Sorry about Sly and ESDN, not sure whether we are aloud to talk about them.....

sky sports news board.jpg

Any help would be appreciated!

That's what is known as a lower third crawl. The text crawls along in the lower third of the screen.

You could do this many ways, and which you choose depends on what software you have. Some software has built in crawl effects, you apply the effect, tell it what text to scroll / crawl and how fast you want to do it.

If you're software doesn't have this then as long as your software has keyframes then you can keyframe the position of text over time (starts off screen to the right and over time moves to off screen left). If you want it to appear in just a portion of the horizontal space then you need to mask it (another feature in some - but not all - software).

You can then add your graphic / colour background under the text layer and you're pretty much ready to go.

So, before we go any further, what software are you using (or have access to) ?

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    That's what is known as a lower third crawl. The text crawls along in the lower third of the screen.

You could do this many ways, and which you choose depends on what software you have. Some software has built in crawl effects, you apply the effect, tell it what text to scroll / crawl and how fast you want to do it.

If you're software doesn't have this then as long as your software has keyframes then you can keyframe the position of text over time (starts off screen to the right and over time moves to off screen left). If you want it to appear in just a portion of the horizontal space then you need to mask it (another feature in some - but not all - software).

You can then add your graphic / colour background under the text layer and you're pretty much ready to go.

So, before we go any further, what software are you using (or have access to) ?
    Hi there!
    Thanks for the quick reply!
    I have Adobe Master collection CS6
    I am quite experienced in both After Effects & Premiere Pro but more in Premiere Pro

Thanks again

Both AE and Pr are capable of this. Pr has a crawl in the title editor that can take text you enter and scroll it for you either vertically or horizontally.

If you put your video on track 1, crawl background on track 2 and crawling text on track 3 you're good to go. The only thing you may want to add is a mask that stops the text showing on the right half of the screen (if that's what you're looking for).

I'm running really short of time right now - about to go to a job - but in Premiere Pro go to:

• Fi;e --> New --> Title

• Enter some text

• Near the top left of the title editor dialog click on the button with horizontal lines next to an up arrow (next to the [T] button). This opens a dialog that allows you to specify the crawl direction.

That should give you something to play with for now.

I'll check back in later.