Thread: The effects between changing slides.

Default The effects between changing slides.

Hello,

I'm AD in a project where we are building a simulation experience. It will be done with two big screens and will be build in a shape of a corner. The simulation will be about future transportation and roads. In the corner will be a person who will experience the difference between the future and the present. Simulation is made with still photos that I will mattepaint to present scenes from future.

The simulation is all about moving in the future. To make it as real as possible we shot a lots of photos approximately 50 meters from the next one to make a non breaking route from A to destination B. The person will be facing screen nr. 1. The second screen will be on his left side.

I want to bind all these photos in a video format to be able to sync sounds with the pictures. Sounds like electric cars passing by. What I'm planning is to do this in Adobe premier or After Effects. How would I do this? Can you point me to some practical tutorials that would help me in my project. I'm totally new to both program.

I want two kind of effects to happen when next pair of pictures comes to the screens:

1) In the first screen I want the effect be like you would be going through the picture. Just like what is happening when you click next point in Google Maps Street view.
    2) In the second screen I want the picture to pass by like in slide show with the direction from right to left.

With these effects I want the person to feel like he is walking in the future environment.

Please guys, I need your help!

sinco700.jpg

Best regards,

Konstantin Nikkari

Walking through the picture is generally a combination of zoom with accompanied reduction in opacity as you move through it.

Sliding along would be a transform (change the shape so it no longer looks flat against the screen) and then slide / animate off the screen using keyframes.

Thank you a lot an answer!

I have combined raw data, pictures and videos for screen 1. Tomorrow I'll start to search internet how I actually can combine two 1920*1080 canvases to make it video with 3840*1080 resolution. And how to set one video track to right and second video track to left half of the canvas. My goal is to be able to export the ready project to MPEG file that in conference only needed thing is to press <full screen> and video automatically fills both screen without distortion or what's so ever. AV installation team will take care of proper screen installation but I just have to make the video file suitable for 3840*1080 resolution.

Adding sounds is no problem anymore. I've watched several tutorials to be able to say I'm somehow familiar with premiere.

My worry is that I'm running out of time. This needs to be ready by Sunday.
    Three things that I need to understand so I can call this a victory:

1) how to bind two 1920*1080 video canvases together and how to separate video tracks to effect different halves of the 3840 pixel-wide canvas
    2) Make the walk-through effect
    3) Make the slide effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Konstantin View Post
    1) how to bind two 1920*1080 video canvases together and how to separate video tracks to effect different halves of the 3840 pixel-wide canvas
    In After Effects you can parent one to the other so that what ever one does, the other will do, with the key being that you can specify an offset, e.g. 1920 pixels to the right or left. When ever you move the parent, the child will follow along.

2) Make the walk-through effect
    That's down to animating the position (keyframes). Parenting makes this a lot easier, but requires After Effects rather than Premiere Pro. It can be done in Premiere Pro with keyframes too, but you need to do each one independently.

3) Make the slide effect.
    Again, that's down to key-framing the position in either After Effects or Premiere Pro.