Thread: How do i make two video clips play over a still picture at different times

Default How do i make two video clips play over a still picture at different times

Hi all,

Am a newbie here. I need assistance on how i can make two video clips play over a still picture at different times as though one triggers the other. The two videos are expected to play over the still image. Recommendation of Software required please.

Thanks for your suggestions

Hmmm.. not quite sure what you mean here, other than a still image in the background and another video playing over the top, as a picture in picture? That's just a case of using two video tracks and either resizing the video (or cropping it) so you see the still image behind it.

If you are wanting to merge the two then you can reduce the opacity on the video layer and the still image can then still be seen coming through.

Not sure what you mean by triggering the other, but setting one after the other on the timeline would do that.

Most video editing software is quite capable of simple things like this.

I appreciate your concern, David. I wish i can get your email so that i send the video to you. Mine is decency08@gmail.com. It will explain the whole concept to you.

However, the problem is to make two videos run on top of a still image. The still image is a reservoir tank with a manhole and opening at the top. Water is pumped into the tank via the manhole at the bottom. Steam is seen at the top white side.photo1.jpg

The challenge now is to create a video image that depicts inflow of water at the bottom (play for 1 minute), after which steam is seen covering the top (play for another 3 minutes. I need an application that can implement this feat.

Thanks

There is no need for personal emails. This is a public forum where we all come to share ideas and to learn from each other. If we take things offline by going direct to personal emails then it deprives others who may need to learn the same things as you.

Post any video you have to a public site like Vimeo or YouTube and link here if needed.

Ok. Am finding it difficult to upload the video to youtube via mobile phone. But it is thesame as the image above just that the two video clips be attached to both the white area and the manhole down.

I will however try to upload as soon as i can.

Regards,

Quote Originally Posted by David Partington View Post
    There is no need for personal emails. This is a public forum where we all come to share ideas and to learn from each other. If we take things offline by going direct to personal emails then it deprives others who may need to learn the same things as you.

Post any video you have to a public site like Vimeo or YouTube and link here if needed.