Thread: Wedding video Edit

Default Wedding video Edit

So editing my first wedding video after a first shoot. Didn't go as badly as expected. I am debating on the edit because do you include the whole service and speeches or cut it down? What's people's thoughts?

Good to hear it went well - edits? That's something you should have discussed with your client. Everyone and his mother will have an opinion on this, but the ones you need to satisfy, . . . are your clients.

Quote Originally Posted by OllieSmile View Post
    So editing my first wedding video after a first shoot. Didn't go as badly as expected. I am debating on the edit because do you include the whole service and speeches or cut it down? What's people's thoughts?
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

It all depends on what you told them they were getting.....

We'd typically produce a 12-20 minutes highlights film that included 'some' of the ceremony (typically the entrance, part of the vows and/or rings, first kiss, walk out) and part of the speeches IF they were good (some are not). This is what they are likely to watch the most so this one needs to be good (good sound, good colour grading etc), but since you're only taking the highlights it makes it much easier to do. Putting one of these together that really tells the story of the day can take a couple of days to do properly.

I'd fully edit the ceremony and speeches first and make notes of the parts that were suitable for including in the highlights later on.

We'd typically also include the full ceremony (edited from multiple angles) and speeches (multiple camera angles, close, wide etc) as separate chapters on the disc so they have them if they ever want to watch them.

Depending on what people were willing to pay for we might also include a 3-5 minute highlights / trailer that people can also put on their phone to show friends / family as they meet them when out and about.