Thread: Awesome video...

Default Awesome video...

Crane seems good for wedding purpose...

The chance of you getting to do those shots on a tightly scheduled wedding day, with all the setup time and different takes that would require is just about nil!

Good for corporate and planned shots though, which is the only time we really use our jib.

Oh my yes, that would work so well for our purposes at Lava Land when we do out recordings downtown in st petersburg florida. I dont know where you all film at but we have so many lovely venues to shoot and the fluidity of that crane would be so nice and the clients would love it!! Excellent shooting, did you shoot it yourself with the cameras sitting on their tri pods or a crew? we have some videos up on our site at www.lavalandproductions.com and we definately could use your skills please be in touch.

So, that's two out of three post's I've seen of yours, all posting links back to your site in the main post!

Default just admiring work adn others work. how do forums work?

I didnt know if i was allowed to post like that in the forum but i figure i am interacting with the forum and i would like to share my work to receive suggestions as I am new to the forum I dont know spamming rules. I am an individual and just using the wed to communicate and share my passion. If this is not allowed on the site I will leave. I apologize.

Also after re reading your post you take me away to your website as well. What is that about, I want to share my work.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lava Land View Post
    I didnt know if i was allowed to post like that in the forum but i figure i am interacting with the forum and i would like to share my work to receive suggestions as I am new to the forum I dont know spamming rules. I am an individual and just using the wed to communicate and share my passion. If this is not allowed on the site I will leave. I apologize.
    Hi Lava Land, we're actually fairly easy going here, but like most forums we have stickies at the top of each section with guidelines as to what is and what is not acceptable.

Posting links back to your site is fine in the "Pimp the Link" section, or within the body in other sections if you are linking to a particular item on your site relevant to your thread (rather than a general link to your home page). Otherwise feel free to put a link to your site in your sig. That will appear at the bottom of every post but will not interfere with the body. (This is what David Partington has done.

If you just want to show off your work, the "Just for Fun" section or "Pimp the Link" sections are probably your best bet. If you want feedback about your work, the "User Videos" section exists specifically for that purpose - but please only post one video per thread so we only discuss one video per thread.

The Wedding and Events section is more for discussing all matters relating to work (usually but not only professional) in those fields rather than posting samples. It's peer to peer, rather than business to client.

Hope that helps.
    Tim

A very well filmed and executed piece. Nice close ups and the drifts and crane shots were fabulous. I love it!!
    If you and the bride and groom have got the time and a grand set of stairs like those to make a little show piece like that . . . why not?
    It may not even be on a wedding day, just a set up to promote the idea to other couples to show just what can be achieved if they make the time.
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Nice! Looks like a great jib arm. I agree, though, it can be hard to fit some of the production within a wedding day, those tend to be a little busy! Great job on the shots...
    Robert
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    http://www.virtual-studio-set.com - Animated backgrounds and virtual studios for green screen video productions