1. You may not vote on this poll
  • ?

1 100.00%
  • ?

0 0%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Premiere Pro/After effects ADOBE

Wink Premiere Pro/After effects ADOBE

How do i add special effects like blood, fire etc in my videos on premiere or after effects??

There are lots of free tutorials on the web (including YouTube) for this, and there there are some good paid ones too.

Check out sites like:

http://www.Lynda.com - good foundations in Premiere Pro & After Effects - check out the After Effects Apprentice series for a great head start

http://www.videocopilot.net - lots of great (free) tutorials by Andrew Cramer - but he does assume you know how to use at least the basics of AE.

www.CreativeCow.net (not the most user friendly or intuitive of sites)

i seem to be having trouble downloading after effects on to my computer is there a requirement i need?

Of course.... but it's all documented on the Adobe site near the downloads.....

Most modern computers can run After Effects, but even then, that wouldn't effect downloads, just how fast it runs.

Thankyou. tho it says im missing a patch its fully downloaded but it wont install properly. it say it has some type of error. i only bought my computer this year and its windows 8.

Quote Originally Posted by Odus19 View Post
    it say it has some type of error
    Where did the software get downloaded from?
    Which version of After Effects are you attempting to install?
    What *exactly* is the error message. And when does the error occur?

What are you actually thoughts of Lynda>? I am thinking about taking some courses. My videos are at www.lavalandproductions.com and I would like to know how to spruce them up even more. What other options are there as well?

Many Lynda.com courses are outstanding.

The After Effects Apprentice is an excellent introduction that takes you step by step through the program without all this "hey look at this great technique I know that only works on this sample footage" crap.

I'm not impressed by anything Chad Perkins does though, so I personally avoid both his After Effects and Premiere Pro training on there. Most of the others are great.

Do you think it would be a good thing to have in our portfolio for our clients to see as well. We want to learn whats necessary and also get certified

Lynda.com tutorials are there for you to learn stuff quickly, easily and in ways that are often much harder from books.

I doubt anyone would be impressed just by having a certificate of completion, they'd be more impressed if you put what you learned in to action and produced some great examples / portfolio work.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast