Thread: Auto tune this!

Default Auto tune this!

I don't get it. The only thing I find interesting is the amount of views ...

Very creepy and sad.

My wife and I both said "creepy" at the same time when we were watching it - the reason girls didn't like him was probably because they thought he was creepy too

It is nonetheless a unique artifact - a look into the mind of somebody who is already on a pre-set path to their end - no more options

although the lighting was poor, he took the time to frame himself reasonably well and made sure he had decent sound - so not totally crazy - I don't know what to make of his state of mind at all

Many teens commit suicide and a smaller number turn against others like this guy did - I think this video captures some of the "rationale" behind those actions
    Last edited by zamiotana; 05-25-2014 at 02:51 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    I think this video captures some of the "rationale" behind those actions
    I doubt it gives anyone who isn't a professional psychologist an insight into his mind. This is just him projecting the image he wants to project. I'd suggest what we (untrained observers) see here is nothing more than over dramatised angst of the guy who always fails to get the girl. Are there any of us who haven't been there at some point - in our own minds? Albeit without the thoughts of killing everyone. Obviously he has taken his self pity and self importance to tragic extremes and thankfully not many have done this.

The big danger that I see is that, seeing that this guy has now become noticed by a society that has hitherto ignored him, there may be a series of copycat slaughters by people seeking notoriety.

This, of course, assumes this video is truly what it purports to be.
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I'd suggest what we (untrained observers) see here is nothing more than over dramatised angst.
    I agree - it seems almost scripted - complete with the sinister laugh

I also think that the combination of self-pity and self-importance you mentioned is the key factor here

My wife always says "that guy is crazy" whenever we see someone like this in the news - I happen to think that some people are just plain bad - just like other people are just plain good - not crazy at all