Thread: GoPro Premiere Pro CS4 export

Default GoPro Premiere Pro CS4 export

Hi
    Sorry if this is an obvious question but i've struggled to find an answer anywhere.

I have some footage I shot on the GoPro Hero 3+Black. Its 1920x1080 and is 48fps shot in PAL

I did the conversion process in GoPro Studio and converted it from the original file to an avi as per the settings in GoPro Studio.

I setup my Premiere Pro CS4 project as AVCHD 1080p square pixel, 23.976fps (display format 24fps)

When I come to exporting the edit I cannot work out what to use in order to preserve the quality for use both on the TV and on vimeo. The video tends to end up with a kind of doubling up on the image in the motionblur. When editing i turn frame blend off and within Premiere Pro it all looks ok.

Thanks for help !

Liam

Why would you have frame blending turned on? Frame blending is exactly what causes that motion blur because it's combining two frames that aren't identical.

What were you trying to achieve by having it turned on ?

BTW - 48fps is not a regular 'PAL' frame rate, those would be 25 or 50.

Hi
    I have no idea why frame blending would be on but it was by default, like I said above I turned it off. Its getting exported with the correct settings so that it looks good which is whats causing me trouble.

Also why would the GoPro allow for recording at 48fps in PAL if it was an irregular PAL rate. When filming i needed a high FPS for slo-mo's and 48fps was the highest it could go when recording in PAL.

I've uploaded a test to the link below - this followes the export guidelines found on youtube site as much as possible because this footage was shot at 48fps in PAL.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=50xzvCM-izw

Thanks
    Liam

Ok - well let's just take it that frame blending should be off then ....

What frame rates GoPro allow for over cranking could well be a limit of their sensor technology.

Are you trying to get slo-mo or just play at regular speed?

I'm not sure what CS4 has in it, since I have CS6 here, but if you want frame accurate slo-mo then use the interpret footage option and slow to 23.976 (if that's your sequence speed) and you'll get frame for frame slo-mo instead of using frame blending.

Hi.
    It's just getting the best quality output which is giving me trouble. Making slow mo footage is ok.
    As you can see in the link the quality for something filmed in HD is coming out in places with really low detail.
    Cheers
    Liam