Thread: First wedding video

Default First wedding video

Hey everybody, I'm new to the forum. I just started getting into shooting weddings. A couple months back I saw a wedding video done by stillmotion and was amazed that instead of just capturing a series of events, they were able to tell an engaging story. I was inspired to shoot one myself. So here is my first attempt: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlWn66mn6OI
    I look forward to being involved in this community.
    Last edited by jcartwright93; 05-12-2014 at 07:38 PM. Reason: Forgot the link

Good first attempt, but these are common videos on the web now and we need a new direction

Z

Default New Direction

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    Good first attempt, but these are common videos on the web now and we need a new direction

Z
    So would this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRpjkdkWRug be what you're describing?

No there are also common now, I started doing those things back 2002 odd

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Z Cheema View Post
    these are common videos on the web now and we need a new direction
    Maybe from your perspective as a creative. But if the bride and groom want something that is more commonplace or traditional, that is what you should deliver. When my daughter marries next year, I don't want anyone taking risks and pushing the boundries!
    (Actually the point is moot as it'll be a case of "we'd rather pay for extra canapes than a proper video" - something gone in a moment rather than something that'll last a lifetime. I ask you! So in practice, I'll end up grabbing a couple of mates and editing it myself)
    Tim

Hi Tim ,you have to give the client what they want, but as new styles and practice's people have more variety.

If I was going to go with something new it would be with the clients approval or a free one so I could try it out, otherwise we would still have those I'll d 3 hour tedious wedding videos.

New direction, video is good and well producedand the client no doubt happy, but someone somewhere did the first cinematic wedding and it is the norm.

Good luck on your daughters wedding, if your not to far and I'm free I can pop over and be camera number two....

Blog Entries

Fair comment. Does there not come a point where the experiments have been exhausted and it boils down to choose one of a few well established "styles"? Perhaps wedding vids have not reached that point yet.
    Thanks for the offer, but the chances of any wedding videographer being free on a Saturday in August are rather slim
    Tim

8. Default

Its a good start! As a technical suggestion, your work could benefit greatly from some color grading/correction/enhamcement. Have a look at one of our films here: http://summerfieldfilms.ca/?p=188 We use a NewBlueFX plug in named "color fixer plus" that's very simple to use and we color correct every shot to achieve the natural look we want. Its more work in the end but it can really make a difference in your film.

Hope this helps,

John
    Last edited by summerfieldfilms; 05-26-2014 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Corrected an error