Thread: lotus exige and europa and a hexcopter

1. Default lotus exige and europa and a hexcopter

short video to showcase a couple of sports cars. We only had an afternoon at short notice to get these shots so it was all done a bit on the hoof which meant I have had to use shots twice and shots that I wouldn't ordinarily use, but I think it looks pretty good

I liked the video but it's a bit misfortune that you captured the copter sound as well in the beginning. The car has too little leading space at 0:24 for my taste.
    Too many trees block the view at 0:41. Drone shadow can be seen at 1:30.
    You could have added a close-up shot of the rims, gear shifting and pedal work.

The video really looked dangerous for me as I usually drive on the right (note the play of word) side. I enjoyed it very much although content wise it was no master piece

3. Default

Your right, they are all valid comments. I actually only wanted some shots of a fast car for a showreel I'm putting together so I just made this video for the fellas who's cars where in it. I'm surprised you say you can hear the copter because all the sound is over dubbed. Deffinately could have been better but like I said we only had an afternoon and there is a serious amount of faffidge involved in aerial stuff. But thanks for the advice

If it's dubbed then I may be hearing a different sound that was in the background during your dub recording.

Nice cars but if you could get a yellow one and an orange one then you would have a more colourful video - in fact all the colors seemed a bit faded -

6. Default

this was what the lotus footage was for

very enjoyable.
    love the shot of the car leaving the garage. how many takes did that take ?
    'No longer are the pleasures of Home Movie Making limited to those with ample funds. Now the man and woman of moderate means can join the sport'..... Kodak catalogue 1933

8. Default

Quote Originally Posted by enc View Post
    very enjoyable.
    love the shot of the car leaving the garage. how many takes did that take ?
    4 takes I think, although given more time I would have done it better as there isn't enough space for the car to drive into as it leaves the garage

Quote Originally Posted by bigglesuk View Post
    .. as there isn't enough space for the car to drive into as it leaves the garage
    But you adjusted the cut well I think

May I ask - has the shot between 01:00 and 01:20 been reversed?