Thread: Poker effects

Question Poker effects

Ok so I recently got into both poker and video editing as a result I've been wanting to make a World Series of poker style video of me and my friends playing. since I'm new to editing I only have iMovie 08 but am willing to both upgrade to a newer version and or buy other software. Basically what I'm asking is, do any of you genius editors out there know how'd I'd go about creating the whole card graphic which includes: player picture bet size cards percentage chance of winning and position. As well as the flop turn and river cards. Here's a link for those unfamiliar with the World Series of poker (wsop)
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=aKCSknAxUc0
    I imagine this will be very time consuming but I'm willing to grind it out. Any help would be greatly appreciated and all questions encouraged. I shall link the final production regardless. x

Do you know how to create things in graphics programs like photoshop etc. Create them with a transparent background and save them as a .png format, that's about it. When they are done put them into your project and position and size as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Do you know how to create things in graphics programs like photoshop etc. Create them with a transparent background and save them as a .png format, that's about it. When they are done put them into your project and position and size as needed.
    I sort of agree with Midnight. Going with a Chance to win and so on would take time to make the video. Having the graphics to do a poker video would be difficult due to Copyright but They are easy to Manipulate.

Good Luck

Thanks so much guys honestly didn't expect any help! Really appreciate taking the time to reply. I'll let you know how it goes

Thanks so much guys honestly didn't expect any help! Really appreciate taking the time to reply. I'll let you know how it goes