Thread: UNREALATIVES - Short film extended + bloopers

Default UNREALATIVES - Short film extended + bloopers

Hi Folks

I actually forgot to show this to you guys, the real version of this short film that we had intended for the public. As for the film compeition... we didn't make the shortlist :( gutted.
    But we did have a pre-release night + sketch at our studio, see pictures below.
    As always, enjoy! Critism is welcomed.

Short film - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yavtXblnvJE
    Bloopers - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieFOGhSYOWk

Pictures

I thought it was a good idea well executed the weakest part being the audio especially at the beginning.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    I thought it was a good idea well executed the weakest part being the audio especially at the beginning.
    Which is what we all agreed on before! But thanks for posting the completed film. It gave me a few additional chuckles.
    I'm afraid I didn't watch the bloopers. They're really only of interest to those involved. I must remember that
    Tim

Nice, agree with previous comment on the Audio. I enjoyed this. Brian

Thanks guys, appreciated.
    Tim you should still watch the bloopers. Very funny

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Airwolf View Post
    Tim you should still watch the bloopers. Very funny
    I did. It reinforced my view previously state that "They're really only of interest to those involved."
    Seriously! I know I sound like a party pooper, but whilst it can be quite pleasant to watch people enjoying themselves whilst working hard it is rarely funny for anyone else.
    The reason we laugh at professional actors fluffing lines, pulling silly faces or corpsing is because (a) we feel like we "know" them and (b) because they are professional and it is reassuring when we see they are just as prone to cock-ups as the rest of us.
    Watching people we don't know (or know only very loosely via a forum) who are amateur actors cock-up just doesn't hit the funny bone.

Shows like "You've Been Framed" success with clips of people we don't know because the chosen clips do not require us to know the participant. They are either of the "people falling over/hurting themselves" (slapstick) type or something very informal happening in a very formal occasion. They are never unheard of amateur actors cocking up - because that's exactly what we expect them to do.

Don't get me wrong - I think you should definitely make blooper reels - they will probably outlast the main project in terms of giving yourselves and your friends and family a good laugh - I'm simply suggesting a couple of reasons why others will not find them "Very funny".
    Tim

Agreed Tim, what you said makes perfect sense