Thread: Corel Video Studio ultimate x7

Default Corel Video Studio ultimate x7

It may be me, as I am not new at the editing scene but description 'bumbling amateur' would not offend me. I have used Video Studio for years and years but this latest version (x7) has been very disappointing. Under settings the project settings menu allows the setting of format. I have mixed old format video with new widescreen to combine, as an example, old holiday video with new. The display letterboxes video then dvd settings gives error code 'improper argument encountered' and ceases. A full re-install is necessary to restore full use of settings. Any others or is it just me with a weird use of software that has found this glitch? Version 6 of the same product has given me no trouble when I abuse it by the way. Getting my cash back is tortuous also as I need a programmer's instinct to work through the e-mailed questions, information and steps to take to get my refund. So Corel is out of favour and I am looking for a new editing suite.

Sony Vegas or Premier are the most common options there are some other good pieces of software but you will find the most help with these. The cut down versions are an excellent intro at low cost. I use Sony Vegas and it does everything I need except of motion tracking which is only found in After Effect.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Sony Vegas or Premier are the most common options there are some other good pieces of software but you will find the most help with these. The cut down versions are an excellent intro at low cost. I use Sony Vegas and it does everything I need except of motion tracking which is only found in After Effect.
    Well thank you. Sony until now has not been on my list but just had a look at the full version with the audio features (another of my interests). I think I will scrape the cash together WHEN I retrieve my cash from Corel and get the version 13. Thank you again.

Blog Entries

I use Sony Vegas and it does everything I need except of motion tracking which is only found in After Effect.
    I think the people at HitFilm (who partner with Sony Creative Software - ie Vegas) might just take exception to that! (and it's a third of the price of AE)
    Tim

So you're saying there is a Hitfilm plug in that does motion tracking. I'll check it out.

Blog Entries

So you're saying there is a Hitfilm plug in that does motion tracking. I'll check it out.
    Not a plug-in (but them neither is AE for Vegas). As separate program (can be bought as part of the Suite). It has a baby version of Mocha as well! Go to HitFilm.com and check out the video tutorials.
    There s now a new HitFilm set of Plug Ins but I don't think that include Motion Tracking.
    Tim

You can compare the "Product highlights" of HF Plugins, HF Express 2, and HF Ultimate 2 on the SCS site. See under FXhome in Purchase > Partner Products there.
    Demos of Express and Ultimate here.

Quote Originally Posted by steamradiofan View Post
    Well thank you. Sony until now has not been on my list but just had a look at the full version with the audio features (another of my interests). I think I will scrape the cash together WHEN I retrieve my cash from Corel and get the version 13. Thank you again.
    Got the refund bought the suite version. I have been dabbling with cine editing then video since the 1960's but I suspect this Ford Fiesta driver has just bought a Ferrari. You may well see a few cries for help now I have joined.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steamradiofan View Post
    Got the refund bought the suite version. I have been dabbling with cine editing then video since the 1960's but I suspect this Ford Fiesta driver has just bought a Ferrari. You may well see a few cries for help now I have joined.
    Well, you've come to the right place. There are a few of us here who are more than happy to help Vegas users. So long as it's nothing to do with wierd codecs used by hardware devices capturing video games
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    Well, you've come to the right place. There are a few of us here who are more than happy to help Vegas users. So long as it's nothing to do with wierd codecs used by hardware devices capturing video games
    Games? Never got past that tennis game of the 70's No I am self appointed family video biographer, every trip recorded, and I collect odd programmes off the TV with a media PC and edit out the ads and intros (for personal use only) Plus the odd youtube download. Did have a Youtube channel until they got picky about the audio. In the process of reviewing my video since 1990 and the 8mm to see what I can do with it.