Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Zey The Mouse 'Flying a Kite' Episode #1 Stop-Motion Animated Video here!! :)

Default Zey The Mouse 'Flying a Kite' Episode #1 Stop-Motion Animated Video here!! :)

Hi, all

I am proud and nervous to share, Zey's very first episode, it's taken 10 months to make, and 3 months to film, Jonathan the writer has composed some lovely music and sound effects (if you like them??)
    There has been times of practice and re-worked scenes many times!! I hope you enjoy the episode,
    i used Stop motion Pro 7, to make the film and WMM too. It's a dream come true for me to have made this, and i thank everyone whos stuck by me, helped and been involved.

I hope you enjoy the episode

Last edited by ianharding; 04-23-2014 at 03:09 AM.

Don't be nervous - this was an excellent job

the cinematography was bang on

the sets were great

the stop-motion was fluid

the story held my interest

i had a few problems making out the dialogue here and there, but that was my only issue

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Don't be nervous - this was an excellent job

the cinematography was bang on

the sets were great

the stop-motion was fluid

the story held my interest

i had a few problems making out the dialogue here and there, but that was my only issue

Hi, Thank You for commenting!!!, i'm glad you liked it, and to hear what you have described, makes me over the moon, that i have achieved a proper (Stop-motion animation this time round)!!!

Blog Entries

I can only agree with Zam. The recording of the voices could do with a bit of work - but fortunately that's the easiest part to put right (we heard breathy wind noises on the mic and "P"s popping. Get a pop shield and/or stand a bit further away from the mic next time.)
    You might also want to brush up a bit on "crossing the line" as there were a couple of slightly awkward cuts (eg 1:35 we see the car pass the front of the house going broadly right to left, but then cut to the cat waving to the right - ie in the direction the car has come from in the previous shot) But all this just adds to the charm of the piece.
    Now, if you could just churn out 13 episodes in time for the summer holidays ...
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I can only agree with Zam. The recording of the voices could do with a bit of work - but fortunately that's the easiest part to put right (we heard breathy wind noises on the mic and "P"s popping. Get a pop shield and/or stand a bit further away from the mic next time.)
    You might also want to brush up a bit on "crossing the line" as there were a couple of slightly awkward cuts (eg 1:35 we see the car pass the front of the house going broadly right to left, but then cut to the cat waving to the right - ie in the direction the car has come from in the previous shot) But all this just adds to the charm of the piece.
    Now, if you could just churn out 13 episodes in time for the summer holidays ...

Hey, Tim!!

Thanks for watching!!, yes the recording of the voices was difficult, we bought a really exspensive mic, but unless we go into an proffessional recording studio!
    i'm not able to get that part perfectly as so!!

that's as good as i can do for now!! (Costs), The car scene, Clara was just putting her right hand up to wave as she was on the same side to where the car was parked
    that dropped her off!, i filmed it from the garden view.

Episode 2 will be in the making after a long break
    Last edited by ianharding; 04-23-2014 at 08:31 PM.

Might be nice to see the characters names when they are on the screen during the opening titles and as mentioned by the others you could do with better audio recording on the voices but the rest of it seemed quite good.

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Might be nice to see the characters names when they are on the screen during the opening titles and as mentioned by the others you could do with better audio recording on the voices but the rest of it seemed quite good.

Hey, Thanks Midnight Blue, their names could have been a nice idea, but i've been trying to go for the Huxley Pig look. For the sound, it's all we could achieve at present, but thanks for saying it was quite good!!
    I'm so happy that i kept going with Zey!!

I enjoyed the clip, of course. Well done!

Quote Originally Posted by ianharding View Post
    the recording of the voices was difficult, we bought a really exspensive mic, but unless we go into an proffessional recording studio!
    i'm not able to get that part perfectly as so!!
    I don't agree. I urge you to re-consider the advice from TimStannard. Whilst it is a good idea to use a good mic, it is equally useful to learn how to use it.
    In addition, I thought the volume levels of the voices to be widely different. And the indidental music and sound effects seemed to be very much louder.

I am unsure over the last scene, as I had to replay it to hear the final spoken line. Perhaps it is spoken too fast; or was too quiet.

Quote Originally Posted by TimAndrews View Post
    I enjoyed the clip, of course. Well done!

I don't agree. I urge you to re-consider the advice from TimStannard. Whilst it is a good idea to use a good mic, it is equally useful to learn how to use it.
    In addition, I thought the volume levels of the voices to be widely different. And the indidental music and sound effects seemed to be very much louder.

I am unsure over the last scene, as I had to replay it to hear the final spoken line. Perhaps it is spoken too fast; or was too quiet.

Hey, Tim!! Thanks glad you enjoyed the episode!!, I will look at the mic issue, don't panic, i need to look into it more ,
    The last scene, of Zey speaking is 'Pity we can't be like kites some of the time', maybe too quick or the squeeky accent He!!!

Thanks again!!

I enjoyed it, thanks for the effort....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast