So I recently got a job that will be paying much much better than my old one, so I'm looking into getting some new gear. Here is what I'm looking at (I'll provide links to all) and I'd love to know what you think/ suggestions or changes you may have to this list. I also have a few questions about some of the items, but I'll post the questions below the list so you can know what I'll be working with. I've dabbled back and forth between multiple camera's (including the BlackMagic Production Camera or URSA, Panasonic GH4, even the Sony a7s), but for what I need out of a camera, some needed too many expensive accessories (BlackMagic), and others either didn't add up to it's hype for the price to get your full 4K 10Bit 4:2:2 (GH4 and Sony). Ultimately I like the idea of having 4K available to use, but in the end it isn't really necessary for me. Here is my list and my questions are below:
- Canon C100 w/ Dual Pixel Auto Focus Feature $5000+$500 ------http://www.ebay.ca/ctg/Canon-Cinema-...ack-/135918181
- SanDisk 32GB SDHC Extreme Plus Class UHS-1 Cards x2 (80mb/s read and 60mb/s write) $100 ------http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc..._1_80mb_s.html
- Atmos Ninja Blade 5" HDMI Monitor/ Recording System $1000------ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...de_5_hdmi.html
- Rode NTG-2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone $290------ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...r_Phantom.html
- Rycote InVision Shotgun Microphone Suspension (Shockmount) $60------ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...uspension.html
- Rode Deadcat for NTG-2 $40 (I will eventually get a blimp, but not right now)------ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...Wind_Muff.html
- Rode Micro Boompole (6') $50------ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...3_Section.html
- CameTV 7.9' Jib $250------ http://www.came-tv.com/79-foot-video...4869023b5b11fb
- Libec Allex System (Slide, Pan, Tilt) + Tripod $700------ http://nofilmschool.com/2014/04/libe...-with-one-rig/
- Glidecam HD 4000 $600------ http://www.amazon.com/Glidecam-HD-40.../dp/B0021AES4G
- CameTree Hunt Shoulder Rig (Dovetail) $700------ http://www.proaimshop.com/pas/CAMTRE...00-Camera.html
- Edelkrone FocusOne Pro (Focus Pull) $290------ https://www.edelkrone.com/us/p/103/focus-one
- Bower 35mm T1.5 Cine Lens $450------ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...For_Video.html
- Bower 85mm T1.5 Cine Lens $280------ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...l/prm/alsVwDtl
- Tenba Roadie HDSLR Carry Bag $280------ http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/885165-REG/Tenba_638_334_Roadie_II_HDSLR_Video_Shoulder.ht
- I currently own a Canon 18mm-200mm f/3.5-5.6, Canon 50mm f/1.8, and Canon 70mm-300mm F/4-5.6. Also 2 Sennheiser Me2's with transmitters and receivers, a Canon 60D with extra batteries, a Sony XR500v camera with a wide angle lens, Bluetooth wireless mic, a stereo mic + extra batteries, and a GoPro Hero 3 Black Edition with multiple accessories and mounts.
So aside from the obvious SSD for the Atmos Recorder, and the XLR cables, plus probably an extra battery for the C100 and Atmos, and a blimp for the Rode NTG-2; what do you think of this setup? Could you think of any cheaper or easier solutions that could replace what I have above? The total of them all combined will be roughly $10,600 (7686 EUR). Eventually I would like this to be my set up within the years end. So for my questions:
- Again, what do you think of the set up/ do you have any reliable, but cheaper solutions for any of the items listed?
- If I am running the XLR from the Mic directly into the C100, does anyone know if the Atmos will automatically use the NTG-2 audio while it records during a shoot, or will I have to use my in-camera footage on the SD cards, extract the audio from those, then re-sync with the Atmos footage?
- Lastly, If I do have to re-sync the audio in post, do you recommend I just use the on-camera XLR inputs, or should I look into an external audio recorder like the Zoom H4N or Tascam D60? Has anyone used the C100? How are the preamps/ noise levels?
I realize it's a lot to take in, but I would be extremely grateful for your input as I would not like to spend all this money only to find I've made some stupid mistakes due to my inexperience/ lack of knowledge with some of these products.