Thread: Next Step

Default Next Step

I'm fairly comfortable using premiere pro to do basic editing however I would like to learn some effects/ ways of doing things, to make my work look little more professional. I've often seen videos with certain aspects of their editing that I would like to replicate. Any idea where to look for resources like this? Cheers.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AsherM View Post
    I'm fairly comfortable using premiere pro to do basic editing however I would like to learn some effects/ ways of doing things, to make my work look little more professional. I've often seen videos with certain aspects of their editing that I would like to replicate. Any idea where to look for resources like this? Cheers.
    How about you link to some more "professional" looking videos and point out what you like about them - what particular edits/sequences appeal? (You my find just thinking about this gives you some pointers)
    And/Or post some of your own edits in the User Videos sections (one video per thread please) and ask for suggestions as to how others would improve them?
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    How about you link to some more "professional" looking videos and point out what you like about them - what particular edits/sequences appeal? (You my find just thinking about this gives you some pointers)
    And/Or post some of your own edits in the User Videos sections (one video per thread please) and ask for suggestions as to how others would improve them?
    what tim is trying to say is you should look at the videos on the youtube "zamiotana" channel and tell us what you want to do - it's a brave new world!!!

I would definitely look into using two cameras to shoot a video. This way you can switch between two different angles in whatever you are filming. You would be surprised on how much this will make in editing. I would also try using a audio recording and syncing it with your clips. I have been doing interviews and use a small lavalier to acheive a great sound.
    Last edited by zeplin; 06-25-2014 at 08:19 PM.

Well, I assume by learn some effects, you want to learn how to use After Effects if you're using Premiere. But, yeah, as said, examples would be brilliant on what exactly you wanted since you said you wanted to replicate.