Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's a good software to slow down a speedart video?

Default What's a good software to slow down a speedart video?

Hello,

There's a speed-art video that I would like to get its speed back to normal but I'm pretty much new to video editing and such..

The original time of that video is 35:09:30 -- after time remapping, it is 00:30:54. that video is obviously not mine, I don't have its source. So as you may sense, it's gone pretty much insanely high in speed and I would like to know how can I have it back with its original time. That video will happen to be a great tutorial for me so I'll be more than happy if you could assist me. Thank you so much.

Edit: the video is in MP4 format.
    Last edited by BadAss; 04-11-2014 at 08:22 PM.

So let me get this right.... you have a video that is 30 seconds and 54 frames long , or is that 30 minutes 54 seconds?

And then you'd like some software to take those 30:54 and generate accurate frames up to 35:09:30? Crazy.

The best I've ever managed and been happy with is 20x (5%) and even that was over just a few frames. Trying to achieve this constantly over several minutes, let alone hours is just not going to work.

Sorry, I don't believe any software can do this because there is so much interpolation required that it simply cannot be expected to get you back to where it came from.

The video time is remapped to 31 minutes, the original time before remapping was 35 hours. well what about Sony Vegas? I heard it can do good.

The two best programs I've used for slowing things down are Twixtor and After Effects (Time Warp).

However, neither of these are going to magic up 35 hours of new frames in anything close to what was actually recorded in the first place.

You're really asking too much.

If you think I'm kidding, take something you shot (something with movement), speed it up in a similar manor to the video you're looking at - download a trial version of the software and try reversing it. I guarantee the video you get will not be the same or even anywhere near the same. There's simply too much been taken away already.

End of story really.

I see.. well what if I just cut a part of that video which will be 2-3 minutes long in speed art and get it to be like uhm for example 10 minutes long.. how do you think of that? And uhm can we maybe Skype if there's possibility for what I guessed?

I think what you're missing is that most of the frames of the origingal 35 hour video are just no longer there. So you would do just as well getting a pencil and paper and drawing them. You can't get infomation from something that isn't there.

Why don't you try a short section and make it last as long as you can. I will at best look like a slide show.

What is the frame rate of the sped-up video - if it is on the order of 2000 fps then you are golden - anything less and I'm afraid you won't be able to make up the lost frames

I don't know what the frames are.. well I could just cut the part that I want from the video which is about 3-4 minutes long but I'm not sure what should I do next..

The video is on my PC I don't know the frames, maybe you want to TeamViewer me?

Quote Originally Posted by Midnight Blue View Post
    Why don't you try a short section and make it last as long as you can. I will at best look like a slide show.
    Yeah that's what I already said before. But the thing is I still don't know how to make it after I do this..

Quote Originally Posted by BadAss View Post
    Yeah that's what I already said before. But the thing is I still don't know how to make it after I do this..
    You need to import the video in to your editing software and slow it down. That's it. Some software is better at doing this than others (hence your original question), but essentially there are three ways of doing it.

They can:

• Repeat the same frames over and over until they hit the next frame
    or
    • Try to create new frames by frame blending between the last and next frame
    or
    • Interpolate the differences between frames

Not all NLEs have frame interpolation and will simply use frame blending. The best software to use for interpolation would be Twixtor (costs money) or After Effects TimeWarp (also costs money).

There are LOTS of free tutorials on doing this on YouTube so you shouldn't need anyone here to Skype or TeamView etc. It's all there for free and you can play them over and over again.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast