Thread: Image Sequence rendering fail

Question Image Sequence rendering fail

In Sony Vegas Pro 10 I'm trying to render my 67 minutes (cca100000 frames, 3840x2160 px each) long video as a tif or png sequence in Resolution 4K. After exactly 13105 frames the process always stops with the message "an error occurred during execution of the script"... Can anybody help me to solve this mystery?

Blog Entries

First thing I'd do is delete several frames around 13105 (jus to eliminate an issue with whatever is on the timeline)
    Is it a common requirement to produce such a long image sequence?
    Tim

If I render a section from the frame Nr.13106 the rendering also stops at 26211, or if I start at 26211 it will stops at 39317. As you can think I tried to render the entire stuff in parts of 13105 frames and later rename the files continually. But it's pretty exhausting...
    I think it is not very common requirement, but it happens. (And maybe the only one solution to make a 4K output with Vegas Pro 10.)

Blog Entries

My supposition would be you have hit a limitation of the program - a counter or similar will not go beyond this or "leaks" over into some other memory. I suggest reporting it to Sony, but don't expect an immediate solution - they've just launched Vegas 13 so I suspect they;ll be dealing with all those bugs first!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    My supposition would be you have hit a limitation of the program - a counter or similar will not go beyond this or "leaks" over into some other memory. I suggest reporting it to Sony, but don't expect an immediate solution - they've just launched Vegas 13 so I suspect they;ll be dealing with all those bugs first!
    As the OP uses Vegas Pro 10, I'm afraid that contacting the free SCS tech support may not help.
    "Sony Creative Software applications are supported free of charge via email for the current version and one version back." (SCS KB doc. # 5081).

As a possible work around try making the video in smaller sections, then when you have 3 or 4 sections you can quickly stitch them together in one project. Make sure you render with exactly the same settings every time and the final stitching will only render the joins.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vkmast View Post
    As the OP uses Vegas Pro 10, I'm afraid that contacting the free SCS tech support may not help.
    "Sony Creative Software applications are supported free of charge via email for the current version and one version back." (SCS KB doc. # 5081).
    Good point. But if this is a bug it may have carried through to the new version or may have been fixed.
    How about downloading a trial of version 12 and see if that has the same issue?
    Tim

This is just I started to do... i've made 5 part of 13105 frames so far. Anyway, I didn't think that I will need a 2TB HDD for a 67 minute long 4K movie.