Thread: A couple short videos, please give me feedback:

Default A couple short videos, please give me feedback:

- Alex Capecelatro

Blog Entries

Hi Alex

mellow.wmv

At first I thought the music was wrong. But halfway through I realised what you wanted to achieve with the music and the reverse video. I think you should make your intentions a lot sooner as it does seem a bit odd for the first. Neat idea though and some of the reverse stuff look cool

Would have been better if the bikes were framed a bit more cleanly.

petrolia2.wmv

It's screaming out for ambient sound! Some crowd reaction or even fake bike noise (sounds of pedals etc) would liven things up a bit. I think it could also benefit from a bit more editing to give it more punch as it does seem a tad linear. Would be great if you mixed it up a bit - that's the beauty of editing! I say get rid of the fades between riders and mix up all the tricks with some hard cuts and flashes to white.

Unfortunately I couldn't view the last video, but I enjoyed watching the other two! Keep up the good work as it's great fun to watch.

I'm lost for words - there's an eerie charm about these (the first two anyway, can't download the third). Normally don't like bike or skate vidz, but, these make it all look beautiful. Very nicely done.

4. Default

Mellow - Brilliant didnt realise it was revers until jumping onto the bikes handlebars !

loved the bit over the Truck ! pure class
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

5. Default

petrolia - Foot started tapping as soon as the sound track kicked in, first shot with man on the Mic - he needs to say something !!!!

just a idea from me but half way through go up tempo ? speed things up a bit ? i love a bit of speed up and slow down for the best stunts.

ITs top class some great footage really enjoyed it
    Live from Norwich !

Sony PC1000E ( Stopped working after 13months)
    Sony HDR-HC3 4Mega Pixels High Def Mini DV Broke
    Canon HF 10 - Broke
    iPhone4 Sport
    Waiting for the Sony HDR-GW55VE

Avid Studio, + Pinnacle Studio14, Win7 64bit 12 GIG memory, Nvidia GTX590, twin 3D display, 2Terrabyte HD

mellow was great - the idea of everything in reverse . shucks it must have taken a lot of trouble to get those shots right. (esp the one of him jumping from the truck - sure must have been hard jumping back soo much).

altho I think the video would be a lot creepier if the shots were alternated.....in the sense they jumped from one to another....just get people thinking all the clips are shot normally and then suddenly they realise they all are in reverse - woudl give the vid a much better 'suspense' format.

great concept tho - loved it
    \"Sorry Im new to the addiction of BROADBAND\"

I absolutly loved "mellow" I thought the music was a perfect match, it was a very inspirering clip, keep up the good work

I'm not signing up for a site, just to see a video. Sorry.

Mellow i loved though, i love seeing things in reverse. I once saw a video of a guy drinking milk, and spewing, in reverse. Nice. Your video though, it's pretty cool. The music works. I'd like the camerawork to have been a little smoother, and i'd have liked the video to have been longer, but those are minor complaints.

In petrolia, why bother showing a guy talking if you can't hear it? The tricks are ok, but i guess in that environment there's only so much you can do, camera-wise. Incidentally, i'm afraid of bmx bikes now. I have a rather large scar on my inside thigh. I was nearly mrslipring.
    AMD Athlon 1700 (@2200mhz from 1466 sod the noise!) - 768mb pc3200 - 200GB Maxtor - Pioneer 106 - GF4 Ti4200 - twinhan/visionplus pci dvb-t - random pci analogue tv tuner - A7v600-x (to replace the a7n8x-d that died...) - random 17\" CRT
    Sony STR-DE425 & Eltax c205s;
    xBox w/20GB HDD- executer 2.3b;
    xBox - standard;
    Konica/Minolta dimage z10 w/2x512mb SD;
    iRiver h340;
    A silly amount of Cat-5 and usb cables