Hi there,
I was hoping that someone on the forums could help me with a common problem I've encountered over the years and have yet to find a fix for.

When using Adobe Premiere Pro CS5 on my Mac, I've long noticed that it doesn't get along with .M4V files. What happens is that it imports it into Premiere, but essentially won't play the file. It will show up in my assets as black/blank with almost no timecode on it and odd framerate values. On multiple occasions, I've tried to look at the clip in the source monitor, but it either shows nothing or produces a fatal error in the program. I've included some screenshots of this problem below of an example file that I just got converted from mkv format to m4v in Handbrake as a test to duplicate this issue. I've tested it and VLC plays the file fine.

Anyone have any idea why this is or how to possibly fix it? I've had to reconvert a lot of files over the years because of this issues and I'd like to know why this is happening and possibly stop converting things multiple times to get it to fit into Premiere.

Screen shot 2014-03-30 at 4.50.03 PM.png

Screen shot 2014-03-30 at 4.51.39 PM.jpg