Thread: Short film "The Journey"

Default Short film "The Journey"

Hi there,

recently we did shoot a short film "The Journey".
    What is nice and what is not so well done?
    A short feedback would be very nice guys / girls.

Here is the link:
    https://productionawards.sony.eu/vid...6#.UzNlM_l5Ph7
    or
    https://productionawards.sony.eu/go/697

Description:
    We all wait for that one moment, that will enlight our heart, we will see things different.
    We will start, to search for love, search for answers, search for reasons.
    The flame in our Heart, will overcome the fear to lose, the fear to ask, the fear to understand.
    Time only goes forward, so should we. Learn from the Past, live in the moment and hope for the future. Believe in yourself.

Have fun !
    Last edited by Protoltype; 03-27-2014 at 01:14 AM.

I thought it was a well shot piece which worked well with the poem.

Blog Entries

A simple sum

First post to the forum
    + request to vote
    = no comment from me.
    Tim

Thank you ! There was much research and effort put in this piece.
    But what's bad about doing a first post and asking for a vote.
    I mean nobody has to

I just asked kindly because I would support other filmmakers aswell with giving a vote
    But nobody has to vote, just a feedback would be nice also !

I did edit my post.
    Sorry for the request to vote

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Protoltype View Post
    But what's bad about doing a first post and asking for a vote.
    I mean nobody has to
    There's nothing wrong with it. But this forum, like others, suffers from many people who post a link to their film, request feedback and/or votes/likes and then we never hear from them again. In other words they contribute nothing to the forum, yet take from it - be it in getting more hits, receiving critcism from peers, or getting votes. We would like to discourage that in favour of everyone both submitiing work for criticism and, more importantly, providing feedback.

Of course, I have no means of knowing whether you are going to engage fully in the forum or you're just after hits/likes from your first post, so I refrain from interacting until I see some evidence that you are indeed going to engage - as you have now done. So welcome!
    Tim

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    There's nothing wrong with it. But this forum, like others, suffers from many people who post a link to their film, request feedback and/or votes/likes and then we never hear from them again. In other words they contribute nothing to the forum, yet take from it - be it in getting more hits, receiving critcism from peers, or getting votes. We would like to discourage that in favour of everyone both submitiing work for criticism and, more importantly, providing feedback.

Of course, I have no means of knowing whether you are going to engage fully in the forum or you're just after hits/likes from your first post, so I refrain from interacting until I see some evidence that you are indeed going to engage - as you have now done. So welcome!
    No problem Tim. I do understand you. My first intention was getting some feedback from people who are also working in this industry. So you're right my first intention was not to get fully engaged in this forum everyday.
    I thought there are people out there that would like to give some critism and feedback. And there is no place other than forums for that (except at work here in germany). I cannot ask Facebook friends for pro critism because most of them do not work in this industry.
    But I can definately say, I will not have the time to be fully engaged in this forum everyday. This is too unrealistic for my time and work.
    I think there is nothing wrong with it that most people have to not the time to be on forums everyday.
    Hopefully u will understand this. If what you did say is a forum rule, then please delete this post.
    I am neither a bad person nor a spammer. Thanks for your response !

Blog Entries

Oh dear! Have I given the wrong impression again>
    No-one expects you or anyone to engage everyday. There re many people who dip in and out of the forum. It is not a rule.
    My first response was based on the one thing I knew about you - one post and a request for a vote.
    That is exactly the same profile as spam.I cannot tell at that stage whether you are spamming or not.
    The fact you bothered to respond at all is enough to convince me you are not spamming
    Tim

I think the visuals matched the words quite well although I did not get the forest-city connection. Overall it did not catch me but that may just be a personal thing.