Thread: Hi guys a newbie here needing urgent help with cctv footage

Lightbulb Hi guys a newbie here needing urgent help with cctv footage

Hiya guys & girls,
    Right my problem is this

I've had 3 cars keyed/scratched very maliciously but got it all on CCTV footage.... i know who it was but how the heck can i get it clearer i've tried downloading a video enhancer but am clueless

I want to prosecute the person that done it & i want to be able to use this video i have & go to police with it and say thats his name and that his face.

Any of you guys help me??? I can offer car mechanical advice in return?? lol

You could sharpen the detail, but if it's really poor you'd be better off getting a better camera for the next time (or wait behind a wall with a baseball bat - camera off lol)
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club

Quote Originally Posted by Zero View Post
    You could sharpen the detail, but if it's really poor you'd be better off getting a better camera for the next time (or wait behind a wall with a baseball bat - camera off lol)
    Your latter idea would be the best idea....but unfortunately the wrong things are somewhat illegal to do lol

any advice regarding sharpening it? any chance u could take a look at it zero & see what u could do with it coz am lost.... lol

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by scots1 View Post
    I want to prosecute the person that done it & i want to be able to use this video i have & go to police with it and say thats his name and that his face.

Any of you guys help me??? I can offer car mechanical advice in return?? lol
    The following is an extract from internal advice provided by the Association of Chief Police Officers:

CCTV image enhancement is extremely limited and is not possible in the majority of cases, beyond the basic adjustment of brightness and contrast.

Images are made up of a series of pixels, which are digital squares. Each square has a colour and when placed together, make an image. In basic terms, if a suspects face or vehicle registration is blurred so that it is only possible to see colour with no definition, this usually means there are not enough squares to give the resolution needed for a sharper, clearer image
    By all means post the video, but experience suggests that there isn't much you can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marc Peters View Post
    The following is an extract from internal advice provided by the Association of Chief Police Officers:

By all means post the video, but experience suggests that there isn't much you can do.
    See what you's can do guys especially section 44-50 seconds into the video.... it would be much appreciated.>>>its 1250 of damage across 3 cars not just a small scratch, 11 panels in total

Last edited by scots1; 03-24-2014 at 07:55 PM.

Hi Scots1 - Just by the lack of detail on the number plates means nothing much can be done with suspects features.
    Looks liks a nice car too (Jaguar?) Just the sort of motor that winds the scroats resentment and jealousy up.
    Personally, I'd sit in your alley for a few nights armed with a baseball bat and a hoodie and give him a good cluttering. Word will soon get round!
    Alternatively, go trial a few hi res CCTV cams, many will bring out good detail
    My opinions are just that . . . Mine. It's not personal, but is based on my emotional and professional reaction to requested critique. If you choose to ignore constructive comments, I'll just assume you're a vanity poster and not posting to improve your filming and editing skills.

Ex A.P.V Videomaker of the year - Ex M.M. IOV Come join my EXclusive club