Thread: Erasing camera focusing lens shutter sound.

Question Erasing camera focusing lens shutter sound.

Hello,

I have recorded a movie with my Nikon D5100, and i am newbie in photography, filming and editing.
    Can you tell me if there is a way to delete only a sound of camera lens focusing from an audio, or somehow making it more silent and other sounds(talking and wind) little louder to hide it?
    I'm working in Adobe Premiere Pro CC and Adobe Audition CC. But i can work with anything to delete this sound.
    If someone can do it for me by sending audio wav file to you, edit and send back, that would be awesome.
    I looking forward for answers, i hope that it's possible to make it work, otherwise i'm gonna have to rec it again.

Thanks

Blog Entries

The theory behind "removing" sound is to isolate the sound by providing the software the sound to be removed. I did this many years ago to remove background hum, and whilst I had success in removing the sound after a lot of meddling, it was at the expense of the overall sound quality. So, yes, it can be done, but I've learnt to avoid having to do this as a) it's tricky and b) even trickier to get good results.

To avoid this, I "remove" sound in one of two ways:

• By cutting the offending section with the unwanted sound. Is there a reason that you want to keep the visual?
    • If I absolutely need the visual, loop another region of sound.

3. Default

Quote Originally Posted by Mattqnc View Post
    Hello,

I have recorded a movie with my Nikon D5100, and i am newbie in photography, filming and editing.
    Can you tell me if there is a way to delete only a sound of camera lens focusing from an audio, or somehow making it more silent and other sounds(talking and wind) little louder to hide it?
    That's a bit like trying to remove one complete egg from a baked cake.

If the sound you want to get rid of is in a narrow frequency band then simple eq may be adequate. If it's broadband but fairly steady state a noise reduction plugin might get it done. Several audio editing programs have surprisingly effective noise reduction processing. Years ago I used Cool Edit Pro's noise reduction plugin with some success.

The po boy's solution is to add an ambient track that covers the wind noise or at least blends with it