Thread: SUBTITLES IN VEGAS 6

Default SUBTITLES IN VEGAS 6

I have footage in different languages and I want to apply subtitles in Vegas 6 and not just as WMA files. How do I do this?

Subtitles are not added in Vegas but its sister package 'DVD architect' you can add up to 15 different languages I think. Never used the subtitles section myself.

yes, but there must be a way to put in English subtitles on an international clip directly in Vegas 6. Does anyone know a way? Can captioning be used as a subtitler? How?

Blog Entries

There's no reason why you can't hard encode titles. Just that it would take a while to do.

Hi,

You could try the Media Generator tool.

Have your project on the time line then add another video track above, then go to - Media Generators - Credit Roles - and try the Timed Wipe In/Out, on black. You can edit opacity, colour, font etc

This would do what your after, you might have to play with it for a while.

Hope this helps.

6. Default

Does the capability to add subtitles differ among the three grades of vegas (movie studio, movie studio platinum, full on vegas)?

Do other brands of video editing software offer better subtitling alternatives?

It seems that if one adds a transparent-background-text to the text time line then subtitles can be added in vegas (even Vegas movie studion) but is there an easier way of doing it in vegas or another software package?

I add subtitles all the time. I am usually producing things that will have both English and Portuguese-speaking viewers. As mentioned above, I use the media generator, create whatever titles are needed, and apply motion, special effects, movement, etc. Of course fading them in and out is easy, too. But for true subtitles, it usually isn't done.
    If freedom means anything at all, it is the liberty to tell others what they don't want to hear.