Thread: Emotional short charity film I made

Default Emotional short charity film I made

A short film I made about a local charity,very sad story about two 22 year olds that were killed in plane crash and the Trust that was formed .
    The people I made it for are very happy but I would like a more critical opinion.

Nice piece but the audio, as I'm sure you know, from the opening and ending interview suffers from terrible wind issues.

I agree with Midnight Blue. You had quite much of wind noise and the "background" music was too loud.
    In the beginning the aspect ratio of some stills did not match perfectly and left some black bars at the sides.
    The footage from the locations was quite shaky. It would have been nicer if you used a tripod or monopod.
    Overall the scenes were chosen quite well in my eyes

Thanks for feedback guys.

I realised the wind was a problem at the time but due to the emotional and personal nature of the subject I did not want to ask him to do it again.

Quote Originally Posted by porkypara View Post
    due to the emotional and personal nature of the subject I did not want to ask him to do it again.
    I wouldn't have done so either. Just take a note for your next project to use a wind protected mic or to choose a less windy spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by XXLRay View Post
    I wouldn't have done so either. Just take a note for your next project to use a wind protected mic or to choose a less windy spot.
    I would have. It's personal and emotional and so is promoting the trust. He will want to get the message across is the best possible way and that means without distraction. (Going back after the event might be trickier, but you said you were aware of it at the time)
    Tim

Great job under the circumstances

Not sure what it's called in the uk but in canada you can buy a dead cat to put over the mic for wind noise

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by zamiotana View Post
    Not sure what it's called in the uk but in canada you can buy a dead cat to put over the mic for wind noise
    It's called a dead cat. But a Zeppelin is even better! (Not a Led one)
    Tim

It just did not seem right at the time. They were very happy with the film which is the main thing I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by TimStannard View Post
    I would have. It's personal and emotional and so is promoting the trust. He will want to get the message across is the best possible way and that means without distraction. (Going back after the event might be trickier, but you said you were aware of it at the time)