Hi. This is my first ever forum entry. Though quite experienced I am with PCs I would like you to assume the least of me so that no stone is left unturned.
please bare with me and read this thoroughly .
Three days ago I discovered that the choppy or judder or lagging effect (i am not quite sure how to call it) in videos, no matter if it is streaming from net or a blue ray or even higher def. video file especially when camera is moving or paining was not a file related problem. In fact there is something fundamentally wrong somewhere which I am hoping you will help me locate.
I shut some video with my Sony vg900 where the camera pans from side to side very slowly and at moderate speed. I did it in as many different formats and resolutions as the camera does. I did the same with three different brand of sd and micro sd all class 10: Nikon, Adata, Scandisk.
I also recorded it directly out of the camera HDMI output on SSD drive using Blackmagic Hyperdeck external video recorder in Uncompressed and ProRes (massive files about 100 mb/s) and here is the very serious problem:
on the computer they all are choppy, so much so that it hurts the eye! The choppiness gets more noticeable when panning is faster.
In the camera everything looks great and flawless both on camera's 4" display and on my 32" 4K monitor using HDMI output of the camera. It is only in the computer that the problem persists.
Here is my rig:
Asys p8z77M motherboard, i7 2600K 3.4Gh running at 4.7Ghz,
32Gb Mushkin running at 2100Mhz,
Win7 on ADATA SATA III 128Gb SSD,
GTX 650 Graphics card displaying 4K resolution on Seiki 4K 32" monitor and on Philips 22 inch HD.
Tascam US-366 USB Audio interface.
I also tried it on my backup computer with half the capabilities.
both computers running Win7. But I also tried the clips on Ubuntu using my first computer and ran the clips on my Samsung Note 3 android too.
There was not much difference between any of them.
I tried the following software: Win media player, VLC, Adobe premier Bridge, Apple's Quicktime, Video pad, Adobe Premier.Android player, Vlce for android etc..
In all of them the result was identical.
I monitored the CPU, GPU and RAM with CPUZ, while playing the clips. They are hardly worked at all. So I tried to overload them by running the same clips simultaneously on all the players to see if it gets worse, because if it was processing related problem the result should be worse when the hardware is pushed. But they all ran smoothly bad as ever. No difference.
And here is the spooky thing:
I thought to myself that as long as this is just a play back issue I should be able to ignore it as long as it has no effect in editing process. So I imported a clip into Premier and processed it as a MPEG4 with low resolution suitable for youtube fast viewing. The result was horrifying. All the judder had been amplified in almost exact places as if this process is actually effecting all aspects of the computer. If this is the case I am in trouble. Because it renders all my rig useless. Please please help!
These are the things I have tried so far:
1)Increased paging file size in windows
2)disabled all audio hardware except for US366
3)increased buffersize and delay for audio
4)tried motherboard's hadmi graphics
5)tried lower resolutions on display in size and bits 1920*1080(16bit)
6)Gave priority to the player in task manager
7)disabled all other activities in task manager except for the system. antivirus and internet connection was disabled too
Tried running all hardware at motherboard optimized default
9)upgraded the graphics driver
10)All other possible upgrades were checked
11)Streamed directly from sd card
12) viewed the clips on a friend's computer with more powerful graphics card (result was the same)
13) Ran the clip on Mac air OSX (same result)